difficult situation

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by stevo90, Apr 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am an Irish ctizen trying to join the royal irish regiment,but i was told that if i did i would be targeted by the ira and my family also.However I was born infantry and have completed basic,so i know what im getting myself into.could someone with experiance please give me some advice?
    I would greatly appreciate it thankyou

2. "It's just a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
    Let's do the Time Warp again!"

Who were you told this by?

Also, if you are 'born' infantry, and have completed basic, surely you are already in the Army?

Regards
    T_T

3. No im not in the army,i left becuase i was told the chance of me actually using my training would be slim to none by my plattoon seargant.My stepfather told me that i would be targeted.

4. Did your webbing and helmet chafe your mother on the way out?

5. you must of thought long and hard about that remark

6. If you don't mind me asking, what were you in, and how far did you get in your training?

Are you resident in the Republic of Ireland?

Were your family targeted last time you were in the Army?

Why should it be any different this time?

7. He probably thought about it for a nano-second, which incidentally is the same amount of time it took me to deduce that you're a skiplicker.

8. irish army,yes i am,no because i was in the irish army

9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

as far as i know, you can join the british army, and in theory we are no longer fighting the ira............

even so, i would be very careful of your persec...

10. I was long and hard thinking of your mother....................

11. so original,******* RETARD

12. As the resident grown up round here I want to ask you a challenging question.

Why did you sack it in the Irish Army? We will not accept a comment about being told that you will not use your training as even the Irish Army play the UN game these days.

You certainly will not find it easier in the British Army.

13. What Unit did you serve with in the Irish Army

And how exactly did your step father tell

you

that you out of the 1,000s of irish people serving in

the British Forces would be targeted

14. Im not looking for a easy job,i meant what i said.The irish army do indeed work with the UN but very few actually go on patrols it is hard to go overseas as infantry.much easier if your a cook,medic or driver.I woudnt of quit if i thought i would see action overseas.I was in the 501st aircore,line soldier

15. Stevo,

the Royal Irish have plenty of Southerners across all the ranks and a couple of ex-Irish Army as well. You are right - you will see more action with them as recent service in Iraq and Afghanistan has proven.

There have been no incidents of them being targeted by the IRA in the last couple of years and that includes those who have had a high level of exposure in the Irish media.

Join now and we'll see you in Helmand next year.

Faugh-a-Ballagh

Goose