Different resettlement period start with VENG

Whilst at an AEC I had a chat with the resettlement officer, who said 'that he thought 'as I'll be on VENG from the 19th May 17(last 2 years).

Ill only be entitled to get resettlement grants for courses from the 1 year point (ie. 19th May 18).

Im not near my unit at the moment to seek another opinion, so does anyone here know if this is true ?

@DesktopCommando,

Could not find anything specifically about VEng in JSP 534, but Para 0307 may be relevant.
Best check with your IERO to be sure.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/465794/20151001-JSP_534_Issue_14_TESRR_FINAL-O__3_.pdf

0307. Re-engagement in Current Service or Transfer to Another Service.
The following regulations apply to personnel who re-engage or transfer to another Service.
a. Re-engagement or Transfer to Another Service Without a Break in Service.
When a SL decides to continue to serve (either as a re-engagement or by transferring to another Service), having already used part of their entitled resettlement allowances, the following applies:
(1) Where the extension of service is less than 2 years, their remaining resettlement entitlement, GRT and IRTC grant, as recorded on their F1711, is to be carried forward.
(2) If they re-engage, or transfer to another Regular Service (without a break in service), and sign on to serve for an additional 2 years or longer, from their previous exit date, then full resettlement entitlements are bestowed upon them, as if they had not used any of their allowances previously and had be en in continuous service. They
will re-enter the resettlement phase 2 years before their new exit date, notwithstanding the requirement to have
served an additional minimum of 15 months 14 from their previous exit date in order to access resettlement entitlements, and begin the resettlement process anew with the entitlements for the new total Length of Service,
with a briefing/interview from a SRA, CTP registration and their full GRT, IRTC grant and other resettlement entitlements as if they had used none of these earlier 15.
This process is not to be abused and those SP with successive re-engagements (ie 2 or more re-engagements)
are to be considered under para 0307b.
For those who serve less than an additional 2 years, para 0307 a (1) applies.
(3) If a SL who re-engaged for a further 2 years or more subsequently elects to leave the Service without having completed 2 years service from their original exit date, their entitlements should revert to the residue of those unused, as recorded on their F1711, when they re-engaged.
b.Successive Re-engagement. In all cases of successive re-engagement, application for further resettlement support for a 3rd or more time must be reviewed by the SRA, and approved by sS SDEs. Approval is only
likely to be given if considered to be appropriate on a case by case basis.
c. Transfer to Another Service With a Break in Service. Should a SL decide to transfer to another Service, with a break in service then, any unused resettlement allowances shall not be carried forward. SL transferring to
another Service, with a break in service, who subsequently discharge will have their resettlement entitlement calculated from their later enlistment date.

14 The anew entitlement will not be able to be accessed by the SL until the completion of 15 months service beyond
their previous exit date, assuming the SL is at that point within 2 years of their new exit date.
For those who extend for just 2 years, this means that they can access their resettlement entitlement in their last 9 months of service.

15 ELC entitlements remain available, but are not reset if they have been partially or fully used previously, prior to re-engagement or transfer.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
iirc, if you're over 50, you are entitled to access your resettlement regardless of how much longer you have left, and can use your ELC towards this.

I've just started my final two years, and on VEng (full).

My resettlement started two years out from my ROD.

Your resettlement officer may be incorrect.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I've just started my final two years, and on VEng (full).

My resettlement started two years out from my ROD.

Your resettlement officer may be incorrect.
I'll snog you if you can prove information of that.

I'll snog you if you can prove information of that.
I've just started my final two years and started resettlement.

I'm on VEng (full). Ie 24 years.

Had my brief with the AGC Det Cdr and my resettlement interview.

Just waiting to find out if I can resit my CTW. Having done one approximately 24 months ago.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I've just started my final two years and started resettlement.

I'm on VEng (full). Ie 24 years.

Had my brief with the AGC Det Cdr and my resettlement interview.

Just waiting to find out if I can resit my CTW. Having done one approximately 24 months ago.
Resit your CTW?

You div.

Keep hold of my hand, and I will walk (hobble) and talk (loudly) you through it.

Make friends on here, and not enemies. If I or @shiny_arrse or @DITA tell you a thing - trust them.

And always eat your peas, and skip.

Resit your CTW?
I didn't fail it. I would like to do it again on my second attempt at resettlement. :) I was already one year(ish) in to my last two years of O Eng.

Do we snog now?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I didn't fail it. I would like to do it again on my second attempt at resettlement. :) I was already one year(ish) in to my last two years of O Eng.

Do we snog now?
No.

You're only using me for my random knowledge of daft stuff.

Latest Threads