Differences between 4/73 & 148?

I found an old copy of the Globe and Laurel in the loft that I got from somewhere. Its from the September/October 2007 and is written by a Cpl, RM JTAC, 148 FO Bty RA:

"148 Bty is a small unit based at RM Poole comprising several six man teams, or Fire Support Teams, a Fire Planning Cell and a small support group. The majority of the unit is made up of Royal Artillery, with a few RN and nine Royal Marines. We operate either attached to a Company or with the Brigade Recce Force and our job is to call in artillery, , fixed wing and rotary wing Close Air Support (CAS) and Naval gunfire (when possible ie not in Afghanistan) in support of the lads on the ground. Our role includes coordinating and deconflicting the various fires with Company Commanders to achieve maximun devastation on the enemy while keeping the lads out of safe splinter distances of the ordanance employed."

So there you have it. I wouldn't imagine a lot has changed since 2007.

newbie1810

Clanker
So got to larkhill and covid has messed it up big time every trainee is confined to comp until they complete phase two due to covid. No leave no weekends off. Harsh on the lads who go no leave after phase one aswell. Also anyone who got the paper work that states three weeks work from home that’s false.

So got to larkhill and covid has messed it up big time every trainee is confined to comp until they complete phase two due to covid. No leave no weekends off. Harsh on the lads who go no leave after phase one aswell. Also anyone who got the paper work that states three weeks work from home that’s false.

Good conditioning for when you're deployed and confined to camp unless on task.

Latest Threads