Difference between Intelligence in the Army, Airforce, Navy.

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by HappyH, Jun 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Howdy,
    I know I'm going to get a slap on the wrist for a stupid question, but, I was looking at becoming a linguist in the military and I've been looking at the Army and the Airforce. Officially I have had trouble finding information about the Intelligence Linguist for the Army (this forum has been an invaluable source of data), while for the Airforce I have several pages from the AFCO. Could someone cure me of this naivety ? I know that there is going to be a similarity and difference between Intelligence Analyst Voice And Intelligence Linguist, but to what extent are the roles different/similar. Thanks for your time.

2. You failed at the first hurdle.

Army = Military

RAF = The militant wing of British Airways

• Like Like x 4

3. Failed twice.

That would be Royal Air Force or RAF. Never Airforce!

4. Thread title = oxymoron.

There isn't any.

5. Thread title = oxymoron.

There isn't any.

6. Not including BA's strewardesses, who can be bunch of bitches (according to a BA pilot couple I did some work for)

7. Ok, this is what is known as an Oxymoron, 'Armed Forces Intellegence Services'
    The army ones are not known as green slime for nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. No. This is an Oxo, moron.

[​IMG]

Oh, sorry. Oxymoron. I've been drafting a letter and my screen's dotted with Tippex...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I believe it was Aldous Huxley who pointed out that the Encyclopaedia Britannica contained three entries for intelligence:

- Intelligence: Human
    - Intelligence: Animal
    - Intelligence: Military

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't even bother looking into a career as an Int An (V). That trade will die on its arrse in the next 2-3 years, as they have all been briefed in recent months. A number of the younger more agile RAF linguists have already jumped ship. Some are transferring to join the Intelligence Corps and a few were selected to re-trade to Int An (Any). The remainder of the lazy fat bastards are just going to kick back and wait to die.

As for RNCT linguists, they are just cnuts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alright, thanks for your help guys :)

12. well "Intelligence Analyst Voice" is an anagram of "canoeing in testicle valley"...

whereas "Intelligence Linguist" is an anagram of "it's elite clunge lining"

hope this helps in your decision making :wink:

13. I wish I'd had advice of that high standard when I joined up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. You and I both Rebel - and I wish we had the foresight to buy the previous month's Puzzler Magazine before we went to Loughborough with Tony Cheddar for the potential darksider assessments - like another member of our Squad who thankfully provided us with the answers !! How many did we lose to the Analists anyway ?

15. Only a few were willing to accept the proposition, "we will tell you about the job once you've agreed to take it".