Dietary reqs...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by LoopyLiz, Sep 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about this...

In the medical stuff when you join, one of the exemptions is 'need for special dietary requirement' and also 'coeliac disease' (basically just not eating gluten, wheat etc).

However, a lcpl at my unit says he knows someone who has this but just has special ration packs etc....

Any info? Does anyone have experience of a restricted diet in the army?

Cheers,
    x

2. PM Toppers.

He is the Queen of sillyack, but only because I made him so.

It's actually quite wank not being able to eat what you want, and I am sick and tired of people telling me that I look too thin.

I've just got a high metabolism (sp).

Fat people are cunts anyway, and don't deserve to breathe my used air.

3. :D

No gluten!?! Feck that for a bowl of cherries! I'm 2 hours into a fast for a blood test tomorrow - and God knows how many hours into the no drinking part of it. Can't wait for a plate full of egg banjos after the blood test: I'm wasting away! :p

4. Ok..... :?

Can it work though? I suppose the argument is, if you're mobbed somewhere, run out of rations etc, and all there is to eat is bread....then you're screwed, right?!

Just wondered if the military could accomodate it.

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

ON a related issue, what does someone do if they develop something like high Cholesteral or has to have a reduced salt diet, or becomes alergic to wheat or gluten or whatever?

How the fcuk does that work with Pay as you starve? Is it still sh1t, just specially made out of cardboard for your unique dietary requirements?

6. from my usual source of information