Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Suedehead, Mar 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically I've started training, and I am starting my application process very soon. However, I'd like to know what types of food I should be getting , and what types should be avoided at all costs! Also, any other things to keep in mind whilst training would really help. cheers!
  2. I'm not going to tell you what you SHOULD eat, because everyone has different needs and requirements, but usually you should try and get a high protein, high carb diet, as your be running alot and performing strength exercises your going to need the fuel.

Plenty of Fruits
    PLENTY of Veg
    Chicken breast (skinless)
    Sirloin steak
    plenty of water! about 2.5 litres a day
    Wholewheat Pastas
    Brown Rice
    Quinoa rice (keen-wah) - lots of protein

(get a healthy eating book lol)

you need fat in your diet just not saturated fats!

stay off the cakes etc... NO fizzy, NO BOOZE!!!!!!
  3. Thanks for that, I'll keep those in mind.
  4. Fresh meat and green vegetables (incl carrots). Some bread and potatoes/rice/pasta for energy.
    Drink plenty of water.
  5. carrots aren't green :cyclopsani:
  6. Good advice that UberSoldat.

Plenty of veg but try and steam it instead of boiling it, a good veg is broccoli. Loadsa oily fish for Omega 3s. One of my favourite snacks was tuna on brown toast (no butter). I used to eat 12 eggs a day, just the white's though, no yokes. Lots of salad stuff too but stay off the salad cream.

BT. :thumright:
  7. LOL - some cookhouse ones are with lots of fur on, I've seen them. :thumright:

BT. :thumright:
  9. Weighing scales into the bin- don't look at them don't bother with them.
    Exercise sensibly learn about healthy energy giving foods-pasta-rice-potatoes-all foods that are low in fat and full of carbohydrates. Read up on low fat meats like chicken. Eggs are good. learn about warming up and cooling down. Learn relaxation exercises. Bananas are good for instant long term energy. All the foods you like are also good for you in moderation. Get a good book on healthy food and remember your cooks at camp will be giving you the foods that you need. Crack on.