Diet PIlls

#3
chasey_lain said:
Im currently serving in the army and was wanting to try diet pills to shead a few pounds, can i still use them or will it make me fail CDT
There's no easy way to get fitter for the army. I've had to lose loads of weight, just feel the burn!
 
#4
Don't do it... they're either ephidrine based, which i can't imaging the CDT team being too happy about, or they'll make you shite through the eye of a needle every time you eat any fat! As the demure Charlotte says, stick to exercise and sensible eating.



You too could have a body like mine........if you're not vewy VEWY careful!!!!
 
#5
There are a number of so called 'diet pills' available. Some are licensed, some are not. Not all of them contain ephedrine.

Whilst it must be said that as a serving member of the British Forces, you should not need this form of treatment, there may be some instances when it is required.

Do you really need to lose weight? If so, then diet and exercise are by far the best way to do so. If these fail (and am not sure how they could if you are a serving member of the Armed Forces, usually with gym facilities on your doorstep and PTIs lurking under every stone) then consider looking for professional help through the medical centre. Many will be able to provide lifestyle supoprt and if medically it is felt you need to lose weigh then there are certain licensed medicines that are available on prescription for those that truly need help.

Buying anything over the counter,to lose weight, in my opinion, is daft .
 
#7
chasey_lain said:
Im currently serving in the army and was wanting to try diet pills to shead a few pounds, can i still use them or will it make me fail CDT
Why not go on a 3 mile run 2 to 3 times a week, eat less, booze only on the weekends, stop going for seconds (PAYD should help there) and stop eating kebabs on the way back from town. You say you are in the army, I'm sure you'll have a PTI in your unit who will help you in this matter.

And FFS, LEAVE THE PILLS ALONE! Your trainers are in the corner, covered in dust... fattiy!
 
#8
I tried loads of pills and diet plans after I left the army (hydroxycut, low carbs etc) and the only one that has worked is running for an hour 5 days a week and reducing portion size.

Thats it, its a no brainer. Theres no quick easy way to lose weight.
 
#10
If thats all you have left to go then up your workload, weighted runs and bloody well sweat man! bin the biscuits, sugar in tea and all the 'hidden' nasties, dressings, sauces etc!

Diet pills are for idiots and chavs who think they can drug themselves thin...alternatively go for broke and become a total coke head, worked for Amy Whingehouse and Pete Dickerty, not only will you be guaranteed to lose weight also fail a CDT, lose your friends, career, self-respect and many, many brain cells...also your nasal septum as a free gift! but you will be thinner! but healthier...no!

Stop posting on here and go out to the gym!
 
#15
"Diet pills" won't help. The only ones that will are eph or eph based, and they will raise your BMR by a fraction, looking at 1-3% increase. Eph will give you problems at CDT time so it eliminates those.

If your weight-loss has stagnated, then there are things you can do to mix it up. If you're after a quick fix, the only true quick-fixes are illegal for military types.

Most OTC supplements offer very, very little.
 
#16
I tried maximuscle's Thermobol earlier this year, which are eph free. I just wanted to shift a few stubborn pounds that were annoying and I couldn't train any harder or see how to lose the last little bit. They contain more 'natural' ingredients like Guarana, Cayenne extract, Green Tea, Caffeine, Bitter Orange Peel... and they worked for the month I tried them - I could see the difference BUT I didn't like the buzzy feeling I had for most of the time and thought it best not to continue. They are safe as far as I can tell and did read up on the subject and they are legal but it is weird to have the hot flushed feeling and the raised heart rate while taking them.
 
#18
pompey said:
I tried maximuscle's Thermobol earlier this year, which are eph free. I just wanted to shift a few stubborn pounds that were annoying and I couldn't train any harder or see how to lose the last little bit. They contain more 'natural' ingredients like Guarana, Cayenne extract, Green Tea, Caffeine, Bitter Orange Peel... and they worked for the month I tried them - I could see the difference BUT I didn't like the buzzy feeling I had for most of the time and thought it best not to continue. They are safe as far as I can tell and did read up on the subject and they are legal but it is weird to have the hot flushed feeling and the raised heart rate while taking them.
Thermobol.... how much weight did you actually lose? Tried it myself at one point, and just didn't get on with it :(
 
#19
Praetorian said:
Thermobol.... how much weight did you actually lose? Tried it myself at one point, and just didn't get on with it :(
Were you taking it as a suppository though you snaggy west country type?? :D
 
#20
Commercial diet pills really dont work. you may loose your appetite initially,but you get used to them fast.
The ones off your doctor,if you are clinically obese do work but the major side effect is "**** leakage" which is nearly as pleasent as it sounds.
I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago by binning all my big pans and plates,and getting smaller ones. If the plates` full of food you feel full when youve eaten it all.
And take lots more excercise,and sex is good too
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top