Diet advice

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by megandavisbutler, Jan 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello my first post with it being the new year and all i have decided to seriously start training for the army (hoping to enlist at somepoint in the next 6 months. Can anyone direct me to some real sites with menus and programmes of what to eat each day etc? I have my training sorted just need to get on top of my diet! Any help would be muchly appreciated!

2. Eat what you want, just be sure to burn it off with some hard phys :D

3. lol thanks for that! Its not just for the training lol I just wanna be a healthy person without having to by a calorie counting book or cookbooks! (it doesnt help I cant cook!)

4. Rough idea dont eat fast food other than kebabs,

Try and grill rather than fry,

and most important keep hydrated.

5. Lay off the maccy Ds and other take out type things, have a special day once a month you can get yourself take outs and crap.

Otherwise, potatoes, meat, bit of salad, plenty of pasta, chuck some fish in and gallons of water and you'll be laughing.

6. thanks everyone! Are there anysites u can refer me to?

7. fatfeckers.co.uk

8. thanks for that really helped me...

9. It was a pleasure fat fella.

Stay safe and keep out of the chippy!

10. Eat lots of fruit and veg.

Avoid anything processed.

Avoid carbonated drinks, especially diet varieties with aspartame as that is poisonous.

Avoid anything that has been fried.

Start running now to get fit and harden your feet.

If you are getting thinner, this is a sign that you are burning more calories than you are consuming.

11. Poisonous? Not quite, but it has been suggested that aspartame actually increases the appetite.

12. im not fat thankyou and im a gal! lol! Thanks for all the advice, im glad I dont drink fizzy drinks! And I hate fast food lol

13. I lost over 3 stone by just cutting out the crap and staying active.

No chocolate, no booze, no fast food, no fizzy drinks, no sweets.

You get the idea.

14. I can give some advice, don't make silly targets.

My beloved West Ham could help me today with my New Year resolution of getting in shape and losing some flab. I said to myself in jest that everytime Reading scored a goal I'd eat a mince pie. I'm now stuffed to the brim and have keep-me-awake heartburn.