Diesel below £1 a litre!

Stop been pikeys and get petrol. You people and your TATA genny engines!

Cpl_ripper said:
Stop been pikeys and get petrol. You people and your TATA genny engines!
Why? So I can fill it up twice as often? Now thats just stupid! :p

Just out of curiosity, what do you blokes over there pay for a litre of premium unleaded petrol? As a comparison I filled up in Sydney today at $1.10 (Aussie dollars).

Normal petrol is approx 89p at the moment. Premium probably 95p-ish. Diesel around a £1 obviously! Not sure what that is in Aus$.

Edit for spelling mongness

Where??

I want to know where because it sure as pooh ain't below £1 in the Andover area. Best I've seen is 104.9

in_the_cheapseats said:
Where??

I want to know where because it sure as pooh ain't below £1 in the Andover area. Best I've seen is 104.9
I'm just down the road from you and thats the lowest Ive seen it around here. Best thing is to spend £50 in Tesco and get the 5p off a litre. Downside is that its sh!t fuel.

South Africa sitting at about R7.60 a cool 50p, with another 7p decrease expected in the month... GET IN 3rd world!!!! ha ha

Diesel may be cheaper in some parts of the world.... but try servicing costs on a diesel engine! wow!

sc_obvious said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Where??

I'm just down the road from you and thats the lowest Ive seen it around here. Best thing is to spend £50 in Tesco and get the 5p off a litre. Downside is that its sh!t fuel.
1. Live 'oop north' - its cheaper!

2. Serious question - What is the difference between supermarket fuel and Shell/Esso etc fuel???

ICShiiteJobs said:
South Africa sitting at about R7.60 a cool 50p, with another 7p decrease expected in the month... GET IN 3rd world!!!! ha ha

Diesel may be cheaper in some parts of the world.... but try servicing costs on a diesel engine! wow!
Having watched Louis Theroux in Johannesburg, and Vinny jones toughest cops in some other saffer shite hole I'd rather pay the extra 50p a Liter than get burnt alive for my mobile phone. I think the world cup just might miss SA

£1 a litre isn't good enough.
That price is still massively over inflated by that thieving cnut Brown, When its below 80pence a litre I will be half way to being satisfied.

Alsacien

MIA
Filled up in Eastern France on Sunday - less than a Euro per litre for diesel.......have to check if that is more or less than a quid this week.... :wink:

What really interests me is why diesel is the price that it is. Diesel is far cheaper to produce in the refinery than petrol and yet it costs more.

Our web-footed chums across the Channel were always promised that diesel would be sold at a lower price than petrol hence, there are far more diesel powered cars in France than elsewhere.

Petrol in France costs less now than diesel so why aren't the frogs revolting? They usually do when they feel aggrieved about something.

Filled up in Brisbane lunchtime,unleaded 88,5 cents a litre thats about 39pence or there abouts ,and at the fruitbarn pineapples 10for a dollar and some more good news :) married pensioners get 1000 pounds xmas bonus off the govt, boy am I glad I emigrated in 96 8)

Nignoy said:
Filled up in Brisbane lunchtime,unleaded 88,5 cents a litre thats about 39pence or there abouts ,and at the fruitbarn pineapples 10for a dollar and some more good news :) married pensioners get 1000 pounds xmas bonus off the govt, boy am I glad I emigrated in 96 8)
thanks for that!................... :(

happybonzo said:
What really interests me is why diesel is the price that it is. Diesel is far cheaper to produce in the refinery than petrol and yet it costs more.

Our web-footed chums across the Channel were always promised that diesel would be sold at a lower price than petrol hence, there are far more diesel powered cars in France than elsewhere.

Petrol in France costs less now than diesel so why aren't the frogs revolting? They usually do when they feel aggrieved about something.
Because as fcuking usual we're being ripped off by someone or other.

When I were a lad diesel was 10p a gallon cheaper than petrol. That's because it was that much cheaper to produce being much lower down the cracking scale.
Of course this was before yer average bloke could buy a diesel car, as the engines hadn't yet been developed for general sale in cars. I remember a mate of mine turning up on a dive weekend with one of the first diesel cars, we took the p1ss (as you do) because it sounded like a van. He was well chocker at that. He was so proud of it too. :D

The whole bloody thing's a rip off. Any excuse to cheat the motorist. :x

happybonzo said:

The frogs are more than revolting, mate, they are fucking disgusting.

ooh la la I'll get mon Jacket!

box-of-frogs said:
sc_obvious said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Where??

1. Live 'oop north' - its cheaper!

2. Serious question - What is the difference between supermarket fuel and Shell/Esso etc fuel???
The Diesel you get at supermarkets is known as City Diesel - which is generally a 'dirtier' fuel. It doesn't have the same fuel additives as say Esso put in theirs. At least that was how is was explained to me. Anyone else know any different ?