Diesel below £1 a litre!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by box-of-frogs, Dec 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stop been pikeys and get petrol. You people and your TATA genny engines!
  2. Why? So I can fill it up twice as often? Now thats just stupid! :p
  3. Just out of curiosity, what do you blokes over there pay for a litre of premium unleaded petrol? As a comparison I filled up in Sydney today at $1.10 (Aussie dollars).
  4. Normal petrol is approx 89p at the moment. Premium probably 95p-ish. Diesel around a £1 obviously! Not sure what that is in Aus$.

Edit for spelling mongness
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I want to know where because it sure as pooh ain't below £1 in the Andover area. Best I've seen is 104.9
  6. I'm just down the road from you and thats the lowest Ive seen it around here. Best thing is to spend £50 in Tesco and get the 5p off a litre. Downside is that its sh!t fuel.
  7. South Africa sitting at about R7.60 a cool 50p, with another 7p decrease expected in the month... GET IN 3rd world!!!! ha ha

Diesel may be cheaper in some parts of the world.... but try servicing costs on a diesel engine! wow!
  8. Over the border in Holland I pay 96 Eurocent per litre for diesel.
  9. 1. Live 'oop north' - its cheaper!

2. Serious question - What is the difference between supermarket fuel and Shell/Esso etc fuel???
  10. Having watched Louis Theroux in Johannesburg, and Vinny jones toughest cops in some other saffer shite hole I'd rather pay the extra 50p a Liter than get burnt alive for my mobile phone. I think the world cup just might miss SA
  11. £1 a litre isn't good enough.
    That price is still massively over inflated by that thieving cnut Brown, When its below 80pence a litre I will be half way to being satisfied.
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Filled up in Eastern France on Sunday - less than a Euro per litre for diesel.......have to check if that is more or less than a quid this week.... :wink:
  13. What really interests me is why diesel is the price that it is. Diesel is far cheaper to produce in the refinery than petrol and yet it costs more.

Our web-footed chums across the Channel were always promised that diesel would be sold at a lower price than petrol hence, there are far more diesel powered cars in France than elsewhere.

Petrol in France costs less now than diesel so why aren't the frogs revolting? They usually do when they feel aggrieved about something.