Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diego Maradona has kicked the bucket

Oyibo

LE
RIP Maradona

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

In a similar vein:

1606348193426.png

Just imagine the look on his chubby little face when he gets to the Pearly Gates and a grinning St Peter says "Here's that lying, cheating bloke trying to get in. Let's give him a big hand!".

As far as I'm concerned he never did anything decent after Like a Virgin anyway.

haggler

War Hero
The finest player to ever lace boots. He lived a life that we would all killed to have had, he did it all he shagged better looking women than you ever will, he took better drugs than you ever will, there will be 3 days of national mourning at his passing.
When we talk about cheating how about Fenwick and Butcher trying to kick lumps out of him ?
RIP The GOAT

The finest player to ever lace boots. He lived a life that we would all killed to have had, he did it all he shagged better looking women than you ever will, he took better drugs than you ever will, there will be 3 days of national mourning at his passing.
When we talk about cheating how about Fenwick and Butcher trying to kick lumps out of him ?
RIP The GOAT
For all the talk about him not passing he seems to be very generous with his team mates in that match, setting them up for half a dozen potential shots on goal that they mostly missed. What was wrong with the goal at 2.15? It didn't look offside.

ETA: Oh I see, ref says handball.

Last edited:

Dwarf

LE
RIP The GOAT
No way. Messi can do things with the ball that Diego never could. I live in Barça territory and people who have seen them both all agree Leo before Diego. Messi does this without cocaine and the need to shag about. I'm not jealous of Diego in the least, after playing football it was a wasted life. I feel sorry for him.

No way. Messi can do things with the ball that Diego never could. I live in Barça territory and people who have seen them both all agree Leo before Diego. Messi does this without cocaine and the need to shag about. I'm not jealous of Diego in the least, after playing football it was a wasted life. I feel sorry for him.
Messi never seems willing or able to replicate his Barca performance when wearing an Argentina shirt , he doesn't commit to the game in the same way as he does for his club , plus he left Argentina when he was 11 , so Argentines don't really rate him .
To add , he's a tax dodger , but who in Spain isn't .

Messi was born after Maradonas greatest days. He’s from a completely different game, the world of the cosseted superstar Equity card holding professional, trained by pros since a child, not from the street school of hard knocks and the brutality physical - chop the other guy down - pick yourself up and crack on games of Maradonas day.

RIP The GOAT
Cannot disagree with the first statement , however his personal life was a complete mess .
If the drugs were so good , why did he spend most of his post football life trying to get off them ?
The women he shagged / married were not exactly top class , in fact they could best be described as skanks
As regards the three days of mourning , there is a lot of anger in Argentina about it ,they have had a far stricter lockdown , and death rate , than the rest of the world , with NO ONE allowed at funerals, which by law have to be cremations .
Good old Diego dies , so he gets to lie in state in the Pink House , with the entire country encouraged to file past his coffin.
That's just populist nonsense in a country that's reeling under 50% unemployment , extensive poverty and out of control death rates , by a government cynically using his passing to deflect from the fact that they are only in power to loot the place , and in 11 months in power have left it in a worse state than ever before .

Messi was born after Maradonas greatest days. He’s from a completely different game, the world of the cosseted superstar Equity card holding professional, trained by pros since a child, not from the street school of hard knocks and the brutality physical - chop the other guy down - pick yourself up and crack on games of Maradonas day.
I see what you did there! Very good!

I think for all the arguments on this thread for him being the GOAT, no matter how you square the circle, he will, in this country, only be remembered as a drug taking, whoremongering cheat.

Unfortunate as that may be, that is how is was perceived and will always be remembered by many of us.

I'm sorry that he is dead, he seems, to my eyes at least, to have squandered the riches (both in talent and money) that he was given. Some of the comments here are somewhat mean spirited, but I'm afraid that is the bed that he made, for the English anyway.

I've just seen a post on Twitter reminding me that Héctor Enrique, who tapped it to Maradona in his own half and got the assist for the goal of the century, has one of the best lines in football history: “With a pass like that, how could he miss?”

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

I rate Ronaldo above Messi, more of a team player, but none of them are a patch on Pele.