Diego Garcia

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CombatBooBah, Oct 9, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically this stinks we evicted a load of people to get an $11million discount on polaris :evil:
    But it does'nt matter because they were a bunch of wogs so its legal spams get an airbase. we don't have to pay compo because it happened to long ago. It was'nt legal then it isn't now

2. [​IMG]

Congratulations Mr BooBah you have won this weeks P. W. Botha award for (lack of) political correctness.

For the unenlightened brethren amongst us the full story about the plight of the Chagos Islanders can be found on the BBC website here.....

:arrow: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1005064.stm

You are right it is a tad out of order booting the unfortunate chappies off their island so that the Septics can have a staging post for bombing the hell out of half the undeveloped world. Most of the blighters had to bugger off to Mauritius.

3. It was ment as sarcasum But that was basically the goverments point.
    People with Brown skins did'nt have a right to there own homes. sorry for the offence :oops:

4. No offence taken old bean, I can remember those halcion days when a third of the world was...

Anyways enough of the Empire. Blair at his best again eh? Grinning arrse! :twisted:

5. Surely a nice caring sharing tree hugging fox loving neighbour loving tolerate everything and everyone (cool fizzing pepsi) right on Labour government would not approve ethnic cleansing?

Of course they did. BAS*TAR*S!

I've been to DG and seen where the Ilois lived. The Spams had a renovation and conservation project going on with the Ilois plantation village. Ironic.

I seem to remember a graveyard there. The outrage and disgrace increases exponentially if the displaced islanders can't visit their ancestor's graves. :evil: