DIE training requirements

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Mar 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surely the most unfortunate acronym in NATO...

I have a copy of the DIE training programme; clear and obvious focus on operational requirements and Mission Specific Training.

I've not been able to get a clear answer on an obvious question - is the DIE package mandatory for eg. the CQMS / G7 side?

TIA

BB

2. Not sure but it should be, they are still Infantrymen after all. Albeit fat wheezy ones.

Who wouldn't want to do it anyway? Combat shotgun live fire!

3. Weekend 7, W60. Along with pistol and just before the ASM...

Happy days!

4. Our trg program for the next 12 months needed to be laminated for all the touching myself I did over it.

5. Might have been wasted juices there.
    It's all on the program, but from what I heard last night we have none of the kit and can't seem to find anyone to give us it either.

"We might be able to beg, borrow or steal a couple of rusty UGLs from somewhere but things like the Combat Shotgun are very unlikely at the moment"

It's just a wait out with fingers crossed, I suppose.

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

[/quote]

Might have been wasted juices there.
    It's all on the program, but from what I heard last night we have none of the kit and can't seem to find anyone to give us it either.

"We might be able to beg, borrow or steal a couple of rusty UGLs from somewhere but things like the Combat Shotgun are very unlikely at the moment"

It's just a wait out with fingers crossed, I suppose.[/quote]

You may get access to them as part of the theatre specific equipment training packages if your unit is undertaking MST. If it isn't, don't hold your breath!

This is all UOR kit, and the scalings are simply not there for every TA unit to get access to them on a regular basis for routine training. They will get access once they are at the required stages of preparation for deployment.

7. Might have been wasted juices there.

It's just a wait out with fingers crossed, I suppose.[/quote]

I remain fully optimistic our glorious leaders will find the equipment and sh!t loads ammunition! It's on the Training plan so it must be gen! Don't you DARE piss on my chips glass back :D

@Duke - As far as i'm aware because we're providing manpower to H14 and H15 (or was it 15 and 16?!) that's how we were loaning the kit for 5 weekends this training year.

8. Thinks...
    DIE EnhancedAdditional Training for Herrick...

:eek: