DIE training and mobilisation

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by cokezero, Jan 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello

I have just started a 4para January cadre as a soldier and am wondering (provided i pass ta p coy cic) how long the DIE training will last before i am eligible for mobilization.

I understand the DIE weekends are run by 4para but i am slightly confused about how long further training will take before i can volunteer for operations.

Ideally i was hoping to volunteer straight away but i just wanted to clarify how long the DIE training will last, I do not mind doing the extra training but i do want to see if i can make it on operations before the end of next year.

Also, this is a bit of a side point but are 4para allowed to mobilize with 1para or is that not allowed?

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

4 Para are no longer mobilising for routine deployments on operations. Op Herrick is soooo last year's colour.

Once you have passed CIC and P Coy, your first point of call is your Pl Comd, OC, SPSI or PSI - they will be the ones best placed to advise you.

The future is very bright for 4 Para, but it doesn't feature Op Herrick.