Didn't take long did it?

Like, no one could see that coming a mile off!

With some luck they will be forced to pay huge costs. I'm not anti gays - but I wouldn't expect to be able to sit in a mosque drinking a beer, eating a bacon sandwich whilst having a cig. It's not about equal rights, gay people are doing this to cause trouble because thy can, not because they need to.

It's not 'gay people'. It's 'gay activists'. There is a difference.

Did the "Bullington ****wit" recently say he would export gay marriage around the World!!

L

lumpy2

According to the article, they've got five kids.

If that was me, I'd have better things to do with my time than trying to sue an institution in order to take part in a largely irrelevant ceremony presided over by ministers who believe my lifestyle to be sinful !!

On my wife's side, we have a much loved and respected gay man, and when a 4 year "relationship" with someone who, frankly, brought nothing, financially to the partnership, ended up with a £40, OOO payoff, I think gay "marriages" will be a disaster......

Does God get a special dispensation from the gay or something? Gay marriage is less offensive than religion getting yet another get-out clause from laws everyone else has to obey. I hope they get squillions.

According to the article, they've got five kids.

If that was me, I'd have better things to do with my time than trying to sue an institution in order to take part in a largely irrelevant ceremony presided over by ministers who believe my lifestyle to be sinful !!

They are rich and arrogant, as such they don't like being told no, when they lose in court there will be a right hissy-fit.

Frankly anyone who believes a word that CMD says, along with anyone who believes that vile creature Maria Miller's assurances will be proven to be totally gullible within hours. This was surely going to happen as soon as this particular legislation became statute.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Las a homosexual what is your view on this? That's not a spy dog but I would like to know what the other side think.
There was a large thread on this but it was one of mine that got accidentally deleted.
I don't think for me it's a gay issue, for me it's a religious belief issue. If I were ever to marry it would be as a person with religious beliefs.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
I presume that the poor old CofE is being targeted as an easy mark? As the State Religion, when their own PM turns on them - as Cameron has - then they're in the shit. The Queen must be livid, as Christian teaching is absolutely crystal clear on this.

Everyone, with a modicum of knowledge knew that this legal challenge would happen - but Maria Miller and Cameron denied it flat out - so have they blatantly lied, as they must have seen the legal and other advice, same as everyone else?

Meanwhile, I wonder if Jewish and Muslim and Catholic and Mormon and Buddhist couples will do the same. But they won't, of course.

There was a large thread on this but it was one of mine that got accidentally deleted.
I don't think for me it's a gay issue, for me it's a religious belief issue. If I were ever to marry it would be as a person with religious beliefs.
Fair enough. I am actually for allowing gay marriage. I think if a church is happy to marry a couple that is their call. I'm certainly a bigger sinner than most, and certainly break more of the Ten Commandments than most gay people. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to have a ceremony in a church that doesn't want them. I'm also sure that there will be some vicars who interpret the bible in a different way and would welcome them, I just see these two as making trouble for the sake of it. It's a shame, as it actually detracts from legislation which was implemented to give equal rights to a group of people who do have to take some shit. I certainly remember when I was younger going on the piss and plenty of lads wanted to do a bit of gay and paki bashing, to my shame I might even have taken part a few times.

I don't seem to recall one of the 10 commandments saying 'thoust shall not put ones willy in other men's bums'

I have a better solution which addresses the problem and creates equality for all.

Question: If marriage did not exist today in our culture, would you invent it?

Is your love for another human being and your hopes and desires to create something beautiful so great that you want to get the church and state formally involved in the gig? I mean what could possible go wrong, Right?

If gay couples want equality, lets abolish heterosexual marriage instead.

Job jobbed