Didnt say anything at the time though did he!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hellfyyr, Sep 1, 2007.

?
  1. I am queuing as if it was another 'Harry Potter'!

10.1%
  2. I would rather stick pins in my eyes!

89.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tosspot

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

He's trying to sell a book for god's sake. What do you expect "I was a w*nk*r - read all about it" or "It was all their fault".

I think he's gone for the latter with the "To scared to say anything at the time" quote.

3. Yes, ever the careerist. Too Little Too Late Jackson.

Who benefits from this, his latest intervention?

4. Sorry, no moral courage. Should have looked over his shoulder and taken his example from current CGS - an actual soldiers soldier, not a whisky soaked intellectual snob

5. Jackson- KCB = kept cutting battalions

6. I could try to add an intellectual statement on Jackson's ability to state the bloody obvious after the event and after his paychecks have stopped. I will refrain and just say I will not be reading this Knob-jockeys book!

7. This is to sell a book, nothing more, nothing less.................... If it was more and the man truely was a 'soldiers soldier', I am sure some of the cash received from the sale of the book would go to those injured soldiers who need it 'just to live' and the families of those who have lost loved ones who have lost everything.

It strikes me a odd, that many of the senior officers who leave, do write about the hardships of soldiers and their families, but then do nothing to sort the problem out.................. whilst in or when retired.

:x

8. Calling the Americans 'intellectually bankprupt' is a bit rich when he was supposed to have a say in how things were done. A phrase involving the words pot, kettle and black springs to mind.

9. I take no pleasure in saying: 'Too little, too late'.

How this man got to the top of the Army astounds me.

As for his being a '.......soldiers' soldier......' - words fail me!

10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

It's all about jobs for the boys. That’s why there is no corresponding cut of senior staff with cuts to feet on the ground.

11. I was taking the piss but if you recall there was a point where he seemed a decent/popular guy in contrast to his peers.

During the period where the government discovered forces misuse he seemed as if he might stand up for our interests; in hindsight it appears they had control of him all along.

12. 8) He as said the truth that many in the Armed Forces know. Has big pension to collect soon :?: A book coming :? God timing he cannot loose. A bit late he is top dog, makes you think whats the present motive :?:

13. he is beneath contempt

14. The mans a f ucking tosser, he should have had the balls to speak his mind when serving and able to make a difference.

Edited by mod