Didn't get the Regiment I wanted at RSB's...

There is an ointment for that I am led to believe.
BLUE UNCTION, according to Milligna.

EDIT:
I had no idea what the crabs (or, as Smudge Smith said, “Sandy McNabs”) were.
The victim was Sergeant Cusak—he discovered he got them on the eve of a week’s leave. The M.O. told him to apply ‘Blue Unction’. Now blue unction has only one use—to destroy crabs. Knowing this, Sergeant Cusak entered Boots in Piccadilly with a prescription during the rush hour on Friday—it was crowded. He whispered to the assistant, “Can I have some blue unction?” In a voice that could be heard up Regent Street the assistant said “BLUE UNCTION??” Cusak replied twice as loud, “YES, I’VE GOT BLOODY CRABS!”

Last edited:
@JoeBloggs123 You know what they say........if you can't take joke....................................

You can always transfer once you are a Lt, the amount of blokes in various intakes who didn't get infantry but ended up with an Infantry cap badge by the time they hit JOTAC was surreal.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You can always transfer once you are a Lt, the amount of blokes in various intakes who didn't get infantry but ended up with an Infantry cap badge by the time they hit JOTAC was surreal.
This is good advice. Post somewhere you think will have a good mess life, then apply to transfer unless you're a total mong.

and with SPS you'll be uniquely situated to get attached somewhere you might want to transfer in the future.

RLC wise they are still trying to recruit a lot more ATO's so maybe try 11 EOD RLC

Actually, in post-Service terms, this may well prove to have been a really smart move. As @Dread observes, the sparkling and exciting world of accountancy beckons; alternatively, becoming an HR ninja and manager of same might also be extraordinarily useful - with either or both of those profiles, with a strong dash of IT (business, not technical), a consulting house would be very interested in you.

How and when has this phenomenon come about?

Admittedly I’ve been out a few years but the only officer transfers I heard of were infantrymen moving to RAMC/ ETS for an easier life, or SPS/EME-lets joining their first host unit. In both directions it was very rare.

Having worked with plenty of SPS people over the years, they are a mixed and quite interesting bunch with plenty of transferees into the branch. Sport is a massive thing and you will get all the chances you want with professional opportunities. The SPS also serve pretty much anywhere the MoD is, maybe more so than regimental duty level.
You have been offered a great opportunity, go for it!

Lol I think killing myself might be a little bit drastic. At the end of the day I did not know very much about the SPS and my main interactions so far have been to see others very happy at the fact they avoided them that is why I posted. Obviously it will be my main effort to learn more now. Probably I need not of bothered posting really was just feeling a bit pissed off at people looking down on where I am going for my career.I think the best advice I got off here is to suck it up and throw myself in which is exactly what I intend to do. I will make it my mission to be the best SPS officer I can be just to stick it in bitter old melts like you's face.
Keep your powder dry; commission into the SPS, give it one posting and then apply to transfer if you still want RLC.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How and when has this phenomenon come about?

Admittedly I’ve been out a few years but the only officer transfers I heard of were infantrymen moving to RAMC/ ETS for an easier life, or SPS/EME-lets joining their first host unit. In both directions it was very rare.
I think it's a relatively recent trend, assisted by numerous gaps in junior officer manning. There's a particularly high rate of transfer into the Int Corps, and a handful of the new female RAC officers are transferees.

Basically I wanted RLC but they did not want me so I have ended up in the SPS. I am a very sporty person and love football and boxing and am not sure I will fit in, in the SPS at the moment. Before RSB I took the mindset that if I did not get the regiment I wanted I would still make the most of it and seize whatever opportunities I could get wherever I end up. However at the moment watching people high fiving each other due to the fact they avoided the regiment I now find myself in I am struggling to get excited about it. I am sure some of this is simply due to the fact it is not nice to be rejected by the regiment I wanted and I will get on with it after a brief period of moping around. Essentially I was hoping for someone in the know to reassure me that it is not all bad and any advice for an interesting place to attach and anything that officers in my shoes would recommend to make the most of the SPS.
Congratulations! You made it! You are about to have a very rewarding career. Best of luck with it all