DID YOU VOTE?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cynical-Subbie, May 6, 2005.

?
  1. Yes

85.2%
  2. No

14.8%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We all know the various fcuk ups that have taken place with postal votes and the disenfranchisement of the service voter, but tell me, quite simply, did you vote?

2. Interesting results so far.

The percentage who voted amongst the intelligent and informed serving ARRSE population (!) will be much higher than in the serving population generally. (eg estimates of only 20-25% even registered to vote) -

• Far larger %age of ARRSE members/visitors registered to vote;

Far larger %age of ARRSE members/visitors arranged a proxy rather than a postal vote, if acceptable and appropriate to their personal circumstances;

Far larger %age of ARRSE members/visitors could be arrsed to use their vote.

3. I'm no longer in the Army, but got my vote in when I got home. Nosy sods on the doors of the polling station wanted to know my registration number - told them to ram it, it's none of their business.

4. Anyone who commentated on any of the political threads on arrse, who were in a position to vote, should have done in my view, i certainly did.

5. I voted and took another injured party to vote even if differing political view. Irony of vote being cancelled out was quite apparent but surely that's just the beauty of the democratic process?

6. Voted,

i always vote if i am able to, i missed out once as i was on holiday.

7. Not only did I vote, but I managed to convert my wife from an apathetic default-tory into an ill-informed and gullible LibDem. :D
    Our matching beige anoraks are in the post.

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Dear Sir,

You need another choice for the poll:

A. Yes
    B. No
    C. Tried, but it was a postal vote so is probably still held at Tony's basha.

Yours faithfully,
    Disenfranchised of Elsewhere.

9. no could not be arsed,it bores me they are all as bad as each other anyway

10. Being a lazy-layabout-student-scum I had absolutely no excuse not to drag my taxdodging but down to the polling station and scribble on some paper.

Despite my situation, I had to physically motivate a good 20 of my compadres to actually walk down the road and do the same. Most of them had either 'not had the time' or had forgotten what day it was on.

Disgraceful.

11. Hopefully with matching aiming points! :)

12. Anyone voting Lib Dem either earns bugger all, is a student or an old codger that pisses themselves.

I heard at lunch that one of their policies was to not jail women burglars because they're probably single mums and it would be bad for the kids?

Not sure if it's true, but if it is what a load of b0llocks.

13. Anyone voting Lib Dem either earns bugger all, is a student or an old codger that pisses themselves.

Yes of course :roll:

I'm sure the people of my wealthy home town, who voted a LD MP in with the largest majority in Parliament would agree with you.

14. I couldnt find Maggies name on my slip, must have been a typing error, so I wrote it in with my crayon.

15. I voted. We managed to force two recounts but the cnuts still retained the seat, albeit with a majority of only 150 odd.

So close... :evil: