Did you ever read James Herbert's Rat's?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jagman, Aug 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yep I've read it, and the sequel. Probably lots of waste curry in Bradford hence the size of the buggers

2. Read all 3 books, Rats, Lair and Domain.
    Don't know why they're worried, there's good eating on a rat :)

3. Put those two posts together and you come up with a fairly horrible dinner.....

4. I've always thought that "Rats" would make a good film if done properly. Delete nuclear testing as the cause and insert genetic modification to bring it up to date and bingo. Keep it British and London based though

5. Liked the Rats. Especially the graphic description of the hooker showing her gaping axe wound to everyone right before she gets a chimp taken outta her.

6. Curried rat, mmmmm! Rat Tandoori sounds good too.

7. Yay...why waste the opportunity for a Blackadder Goes Forth reference?

Rat au "van" (vin). Marinated in a puddle until it drowns. Saute or fricasee?

8. Thought there was a film? Mind you, the shambles they made out of filming some of Herbert's other books would make me think twice before going to see it.

9. They did make a film and it was the biggest load of tosh ever.

10. It was called 'Deadly Eyes' rather poor film that didn't do justice to the book. Bit like the crap they turned Clive Barker's stuff into. He was a Scouser wasn't he? much better than Herbert in my opinion.

11. Ah that would probably be why I'm not aware of it, that and as monty has said being called "Deadly Eyes" didn't help

12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

ah, the agony of choice...

13. TS

read PM's......................

14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

fixed that for you btw.