Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the army consider using German equipment?

Mölders 1

Old-Salt
Having captured an Upkeep mine, they reverse engineered it. I'm sure I've read "within ten days" but without the text in front of me, I blame faulty memory.

Not understanding the importance of backspin, they tried to rocket assist it to stop it matching the speed of the plane that dropped it. Gave up in 44.

Are you thinking of the weapon nicknamed "Kurt"?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Just as well - none of them appear to be carrying any ammo.
Au contraire, 15 rounds in the M1, and ten a piece in the SMLEs. That's enough to deal with a Platoon of Nips before they can shout "By Shinto - Aieeee!", and then a spot of bayonet practice against their Samurai sword wielding officer.

After the successful crossing of the Rhine allied forces captured the IG Faben sauerkraut works fully intact, however after 12 months of tests no one could find any possible use for the stuff except for filling in bomb craters.

Au contraire, 15 rounds in the M1, and ten a piece in the SMLEs. That's enough to deal with a Platoon of Nips before they can shout "By Shinto - Aieeee!", and then a spot of bayonet practice against their Samurai sword wielding officer.

Shaw's men probably hadn't left enough - not long before this photo was taken Rfn Tul Bahadur Pun had personally disposed of four Japs shot, three bayonetted, and thirty by flamethrower.

After the successful crossing of the Rhine allied forces captured the IG Faben sauerkraut works fully intact, however after 12 months of tests no one could find any possible use for the stuff except for filling in bomb craters.

Sauerkraut filled pierogis, especially with mushrooms added, yum.
Bigos. yum yum
Sauerkraut soup
Salad with sauerkraut
Sauerkraut with smoked sausage and hams, and a big jug of beer, or a bottle of vodka. Yum

That's just for starters

Where are these bomb craters? The sauerkraut might be just about ready for digging out by now.

Just of interest in the 'wtf' category - Famo 18 ton half tracks in Indochina, post WW2:

1595963653771.png

NSP

LE
Well, a Barnacle could fall off
That's basically why they've got hard-hats on. At the risk of stating the obvious, it's not in case the supports collapse and drop BFO submarine on them...

That's basically why they've got hard-hats on. At the risk of stating the obvious, it's not in case the supports collapse and drop BFO submarine on them...
That's why they're wearing steel toe caps.

Really?

NSP

LE
Yeah - a plastic lid is really going to stop you getting blatted by falling pipe/cable/submarine...? It's there for nuts and bolts - literally!

[/wah]

Yeah - a plastic lid is really going to stop you getting blatted by falling pipe/cable/submarine...? It's there for nuts and bolts - literally!

[/wah]
Seriously?

[/wah]
Oh be fair, we were told that Toe Tectors and hard hat would help in the event that we got hit by a tug or a forty footer.

Latest Threads