Did Swiss Tony Politicise our two latest deaths?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Letterwritingman, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was watching Sky News at 10; listening to the report on the deaths of our two comrades (second item) when 'Swiss' was shown making the usual statement. I may be wrong so please correct me and I'll retract but it seems that in the past there was a standard comment relating to the Armed Forces , MoD etc and how much the (better) soul would be missed. Tonight I noticed; by its very inclusion, the statement that the 'United Kingdom' would miss them too.

Now call me a cynical old(ish) SNCO but does 'The Fists' concerns regarding devolution and the Union mean that direction has been given to make statements re-enforcing the Union?

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I suspect this is indeed the case. Broon seems to be rattled at the thought that the Scottish Nationalists may gain independence, or that the West Lothian question could be resolved in favour of not allowing Scots MPs to vote on matters affecting England (whilst not being able to vote on matters in their own constituencies).