Did someone Mention Deltics?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by swampmonster, Feb 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I used to work with a guy who was on the design team for the engine - they were tinkering with the rotary design up until the late 80's apparently for use in diesel generators and such like when they were looking at using power plants to drive electrically propelled trains.

I wanted him to make me a 400cc diesel scooter engine.

I'd have chatted more to him but he had found god and was estranged from his mental wife so conversation was restricted. he was living in a flat and would go check on his wife every day (she threw him out for no reason he would say) and find her taking the kitchen apart to put in the dustbin. to him I was known as the apostate which is I gather is religious speak for wnaker or fella.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

actually its a better use of power, new trains are driven that way as the leccy motors have more of them torque things apparently. they have been looking at electrics driven cars powered by a combustion engine for a while.

I should have paid more attention but john was trying to get me to be a born again and I was trying to pursuade him to convert to islam.
  3. They didn't have burgers, Dobbin was veal.