Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by agoodgrouping, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently met him in uniform and noticed he had the dagger. If he passed the course then respect is due, it is not easy.

Did he REALLY pass the Dagger course ? Seems to have changed - he looks like a golf course is the only one he mow attends.
  2. Yes he did, at Lympstone in 1980
    The following from the Biography Channel

Rather than attend university as did his older brother Prince Charles, Andrew opted to attend Britannia Royal Naval College at Dartmouth. After pilot aptitude testing at the Royal Naval College Flight, Andrew joined as a trainee helicopter pilot in May 1979. He entered Dartmouth in September of that year and the following year trained with the Royal Marines as a Green Beret at the Commando Training Centre, Lympstone. After graduating Dartmouth Andrew undertook flying training with the Royal Air Force and then learned to fly the Gazelle helicopter with the Royal Navy at Culdrose, Cornwall. He then learned to fly the Sea King helicopter and in 1982, joined the 820th Naval Air Squadron aboard the HMS Invincible aircraft carrier.

Wouldn't think this guy would need to walt it.
  3. He had a bit of trouble getting his clubs through the water tunnel on the Endurance Course IIRC. :wink:
    I actually saluted him on the day he was presented his Green Lid, I still bask in the glory. :lol: 8O
  4. Don't mention Williams pilot's wing either.
  5. No he didn't

6. Prince EDWARD

Prince ANDREW

Two different people. Keep up at the back.
  7. The question was did Andrew pass not his younger brother...
  8. Edward is Andrew? thats interesting.....
  9. ISTR that Andrew served with the SF Flight. Or is that just an urban legand?
  10. Bugger :oops: :oops:

Anyone can make a mistake. Even me.

Well, did Prince Andrew ever pass The Course then?

Bastad cider. :oops: :oops:
  11. Tis true - he was a driver for the SBS Taxi service.
  12. In fairness, he is being brought up to speed now and will be operational in a 6 ton, kerosene-guzzling canary if all goes to plan.
  13. I believe he also got to play "Yoo Hoo. Exocet. Here I am! I'm a ship" in the FI.
  14. Steady Eddie:

"Proof that you can turn a frog into a Prince, but you can't turn a Prince into a Royal Marine"

Bless 'im...
  15. I do wonder how many people would have the nerve to tell Phil they didn't feel like completing the course ... it's bad enough if you have the wrong kind of beard.