Did I say that? Prince Philip, the Queens consort, 88

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by msr, Jun 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. On a visit to the new Welsh Assembly in Cardiff, he told a group of deaf children standing next to a Jamaican steel drum band, "Deaf? No wonder you are deaf standing so close to that racket.”
  3. He is a legend, and the best bit is he doesnt give a toss. Keep it up.
  4. He is brilliant and here is more;

On an ‘extended’ tour of the Royal Navy ship HMS Boxer, was quoted to have said, "Not another fxcking chamber".
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I am a true believer in democracy - its the worst form of gevernment except all the rest - but when you compare the quality of centuries of breading with the turds that float to the top of the toilet bowl of public life its truly tempting to wish for a full on ruling monarchy. HRH Phil the Greek as Tebbit to HMQ's Thatcher.

Mr Vice: the Queen!
  6. On the only occaion that I met his Highness, I was greeted by' Why don't you fcukin well get out of my fcuking way'.
  7. I remember a few years ago when he visited a newly opened factory in Sunderland i think it was.
    He looked at the wiring and commented ' it looks like its been put in by indians' causing a huge debate about him being racist etc blah.
    The poor bloke meant cowboys of course, but what does that matter when the bandwagon is running :lol:
    The bloke is a genius :D
  8. To British workers in China- 'Don't stay out here too long or you'll get slitty eyes'
  9. An old colleague of mine was occasionally in the pool of Royal photographers. One time he got himself all dressed up nice and smart to photograph Prince Philip at some event.

Phil comes over and says to him "Ahh, why are you wearing a suit?"
    The other photographers were quite shabbily dressed apparently.

Quick as flash, my photographer mate replies, "Because, Sir, I have somewhere important to go to after this". :)
  10. Eating dogs for the anorexic, fcuking priceless!
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

There was a good clip of him meeting some wounded soldiers on a documentary once
    Conversation went something like

"Mine Strike eh"
    "Yes Sir"
    "Were you wounded"?
    "Shrapnel in my head sir"
    "Does your head rattle when you shake it"?

He's just one of those quality old gents who say it like it is
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I remember that one! Nearly fell off the chair with laughter.
  13. Upon asking a 13 year old boy about a spacecraft, he mused:

"Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut."

14. Apprentices from Halton are amongst the troops doing the route lining, Auntie Betty and Prince Phil, walk out of Westminister Abbey, crowd surge forward, young appo gets pushed forward and falls flat on face in front of the Royal Couple...Prince Philip reaches down and assists youngster to his feet while whispering "next time a simple bow will suffice"
  15. Almost exactly what his daughter said to me twice with a 15 year gap! What a wicked family - total respect :D