Did Argentina drop napalm on there own dead??

Thanks @ALavery!
By my accounts, the Cabo San Antonio started to embark the LVTPs at the Stanley pier on April 3rd at 1500H, to sail on April 4th at 700H. I think an LVTP would fit in the cargo bay of a C-130H, you can use a tractor to pull it, but it would be much more practical to tow it to the ship with the recovery LVTR.

Pucarás on April 2nd? Are you sure? Never heard something like that. As I said before the Argentine carrier 25 de Mayo was part of the task force and her A-4Qs covered the landing from altitude.
I thought I had checked that with a member of the FAA that was there on the 2nd. I'll just check with him.

View attachment 393348 View attachment 393349

These are the only two pics RDP ever published of the LCVP, the second isn't even in the book. I think the alleged HEAT hole is in the red circle. IMHO, the hole looks too clean, and being an unarmoured craft, the thinner sheathing should also have some secondary indentation from impact force, too. I might be mistaken, I don't have experience shooting Carl Gustavs... yet.

His theory says that the shots came from Navy Point, the western stretch of land of the narrows.

View attachment 393351
There's nothing in those photos that immediately says 'Falklands', though, unless someone recognises something.

And how did 'we' find and recover it without ever having been there?

And, given these pics were taken in 2016, one might imagine the wreck might be visible from google earth?

To be fair that landscape is consistent with FI.
Though as Ricky’s never been to the Falklands I suspect he’s only seen the same photos we have. His Forces.net article is extremely carefully worded and doesn’t actually claim he’s been there when you read it.

It’s the same as his claim re his attempting officer entry, if you don’t know how the system works it’s worded so that it looks as though he was in the military but cleverly enough that he can deny it if he gets pulled for it (‘early selection training’ etc) and say that it isn’t what he meant. It’s clearly an attempt to mislead without actually outright fibbing.

Though as Ricky’s never been to the Falklands I suspect he’s only seen the same photos we have. His Forces.net article is extremely carefully worded and doesn’t actually claim he’s been there when you read it.

It’s the same as his claim re his attempting officer entry, if you don’t know how the system works it’s worded so that it looks as though he was in the military but cleverly enough that he can deny it if he gets pulled for it (‘early selection training’ etc) and say that it isn’t what he meant. It’s clearly an attempt to mislead without actually outright fibbing.
I think the term used to describe this method of misleading/deceiving people to deliberately create a false impression, is "obfuscation"...

Interesting indeed. Certainly in my day, RCB involved no 'training' at all. Everything was a test. So I'd say it is fibbing. But as you say, if he wrote: 'I applied to join the Army but failed the entry test...' it wouldn't sound anywhere near as impressive.

My name is Mark Gibbs. I was one of the Royal Marines in Stanley when the Argentinians invaded on 2 April '82. Rickys book The First Casualty is the closest thing to the truth that has been published. After the Governor ORDERED us to lay our weapons down (NOT surrender) we were repatriated to the UK via Montevideo. When we eventually arrived at Brize Norton we had minor debriefings and a tot up was made of the ammo we expended. We were also told by a suit from London to forget what we had done and never talk about it along with threats of dire consequences. We have now spoken about it and await the dire consequences.

Further reading of our exploits has just been published in a book by our OC Major Mike Norman its called The Falklands War - There and Back Again.
The Falklands War – There and Back Again

If any one doubts what has been published I will cordially invite you to our reunion in Plymouth and you can speak first hand to the participants

Interesting indeed. Certainly in my day, RCB involved no 'training' at all. Everything was a test. So I'd say it is fibbing. But as you say, if he wrote: 'I applied to join the Army but failed the entry test...' it wouldn't sound anywhere near as impressive.
Or even ‘I wanted to join the army as an officer but suffered an injury while I was training for RCB/selection that meant I couldn’t’. You’d give him some credit if he’d written it in that way.

My name is Mark Gibbs. I was one of the Royal Marines in Stanley when the Argentinians invaded on 2 April '82. Rickys book The First Casualty is the closest thing to the truth that has been published. After the Governor ORDERED us to lay our weapons down (NOT surrender) we were repatriated to the UK via Montevideo. When we eventually arrived at Brize Norton we had minor debriefings and a tot up was made of the ammo we expended. We were also told by a suit from London to forget what we had done and never talk about it along with threats of dire consequences. We have now spoken about it and await the dire consequences.

Further reading of our exploits has just been published in a book by our OC Major Mike Norman its called The Falklands War - There and Back Again.

If any one doubts what has been published I will cordially invite you to our reunion in Plymouth and you can speak first hand to the participants
Just intrigued that you feel that both Philips and Maj Norman’s books are accurate/valuable when they differ so significantly in terms of what happened/ casualties etc

Quick edit to add that I don’t for a second want to take anything away from what you went through.

That is handy, you and Harry Bosch of this site will have a lot to talk about then seeing as you both served together.
Are you able to confirm that there were 60+ Argentine casualties and do you know what happened to their bodies afterwards?

Also, how do you rate both books that you mentioned? Just out of interest. I was asking on OAMAAM and the the opinion is not very high of the book 'The First Casualty' so far.

So it is true that one of your number sunk a LVCP full of enemy troops at the neck with an 84 from a position that was 12k away by land in a very detached position? How many 84s did your detachment have?

So who’s sock are you - it’s getting very crowded in here...

Gen Menendez