Did Argentina drop napalm on there own dead??

Big difference: Irving lied. I am only surprised that people here are taken in by this fraud. Notice I turn up as me. This guy has several fake profiles here, none of them as himself, yet people are calling me into question?
Don't get me wrong Ricky. I'm not suggesting you are a liar. I'm making no judgement on your Veracity at all.

Irving firmly believed himself to be right however.

I do agree that a whole argument and crap slinging thread of impressively amusing proportions by brand new members certainly could make you feel victimised by anonymous critics.... However, that's the internet for you.

My earlier post however stands. Propose your theories and support it with evidence from established sources and let's all debate it properly.

So what he is saying is that one of these -

1558018852249.png

was full of troops in the first wave.

The reason for this was that the landing craft, packed with Argentinian soldiers, ran into an anti-tank rocket and turned over, taking its tightly-packed crew down with it.

People even saw it get hit and explode.

The story could, of course, have been apocryphal until we went looking for it and suddenly there it was, dragged up from the narrows on its back with a gaping hole in the side, right about the water line.

Then came the main amphibious landing with 21 'Amtrack' APCs, each loaded with 28 men, including crew.
So just so I am clear with what he has written the enemy send in a lightly armoured craft to assault the beach instead of the next generation of armoured Amtracks which were designed to do this job after the US had had a lot of experience landing on beaches under enemy fire.

Now anyone who had used both a 66 and 84 and seen the bang end will tell you that the hole is very, very small. I can see that a small craft packed with troop and hit by an 84 would cause some casualties but causing it to capsize is very unlikely. Not only that hitting it would be very difficult as with a full load the freeboard would be very small. Now looking at the map the supposed sinking of this LCVP is the neck which is over a K away from Stanley so well out of range but as the main landing was in dead ground from Stanley (which one would have expected of a competent enemy) why was a lightly armoured LCVP wandering around in front of the enemy beach.

As to the 1000s of enemy, a simple adding up of ship capacity would show this to be rubbish.

And to think that I always thought that the 'Erics' were the Bristow helicopters down in the FI on contract...

What's the etymology, real or supposed, for the use of Erics to describe the dead bodies?

I'm assuming reference to well-known figure of the day... Sykes? Morcambe?Hobsbawm? [well, maybe not him] or rhyming slang (or a combination thereof {Eric Hobsbawm/Frog Spawn, frog spawn found bobbing up and down in water)??[/QUOTE
I’ve heard AAC Aircrew use the term to describe bodies they picked out of the water post conflict, however it was also applied to the squadron cat in Ballykelly, the squadron goat in Longkesh and the ground handling tractor in Aldergrove. Probably a tick in the ‘Limited imagination’ box...

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think it's time the real story was told.
In 1982, myself and 11 other people were recruited from a military prison at an undisclosed location (Colchester). We were taken to an island off the coast of South America. Here we were introduced to our charges, living dinosaurs re-created from fossilised DNA. After a course in Dinosaur Wrangling we were dropped by a fleet of black painted Hercules aircraft to wreak havoc upon the Argentinan forces who had invaded the Falklands. The entire Task Force was, in fact, a carefully constructed ruse to conceal the true nature of the forces that took back the Falklands. Dinosaurs being especially suited to the flat terrain found there. Sadly during the epic liberation of the Falklands three of the dinosaurs suffered fatal wounds. There was no way to ship the remains back to the UK. So a flight of Vulcans had to napalm the remains in order to preserve the secrecy. The remaining dinosaurs were evacuated by submarine to an Antartic base, where they remain in cold storage until needed again. On no account should this story be mentioned outside of these hallowed pages.

In 1982, myself and 11 other people were recruited from a military prison at an undisclosed location (Colchester). We were taken to an island off the coast of South America. Here we were introduced to our charges, living dinosaurs re-created from fossilised DNA. After a course in Dinosaur Wrangling we were dropped by a fleet of black painted Hercules aircraft to wreak havoc upon the Argentinan forces who had invaded the Falklands. The entire Task Force was, in fact, a carefully constructed ruse to conceal the true nature of the forces that took back the Falklands. Dinosaurs being especially suited to the flat terrain found there. Sadly during the epic liberation of the Falklands three of the dinosaurs suffered fatal wounds. There was no way to ship the remains back to the UK. So a flight of Vulcans had to napalm the remains in order to preserve the secrecy. The remaining dinosaurs were evacuated by submarine to an Antartic base, where they remain in cold storage until needed again. On no account should this story be mentioned outside of these hallowed pages.
Thank you for your service.
Brave little Saurus’s

I’ve heard AAC Aircrew use the term to describe bodies they picked out of the water post conflict, however it was also applied to the squadron cat in Ballykelly, the squadron goat in Longkesh and the ground handling tractor in Aldergrove. Probably a tick in the ‘Limited imagination’ box...
Being a man who loves a spot of displacement activity, I may have narrowed it down to - I hope I'm wrong - this chap:

Wreckless Eric - Stiff Records

It does sort of fit as a witty [sic] etymological background....

Were the Argentinan forces from the Planet Argentin?

So what he is saying is that one of these -

View attachment 393324

was full of troops in the first wave.

So just so I am clear with what he has written the enemy send in a lightly armoured craft to assault the beach instead of the next generation of armoured Amtracks which were designed to do this job after the US had had a lot of experience landing on beaches under enemy fire.

Now anyone who had used both a 66 and 84 and seen the bang end will tell you that the hole is very, very small. I can see that a small craft packed with troop and hit by an 84 would cause some casualties but causing it to capsize is very unlikely. Not only that hitting it would be very difficult as with a full load the freeboard would be very small. Now looking at the map the supposed sinking of this LCVP is the neck which is over a K away from Stanley so well out of range but as the main landing was in dead ground from Stanley (which one would have expected of a competent enemy) why was a lightly armoured LCVP wandering around in front of the enemy beach.

As to the 1000s of enemy, a simple adding up of ship capacity would show this to be rubbish.
port.PNG
starboard2_LI.jpg

These are the only two pics RDP ever published of the LCVP, the second isn't even in the book. I think the alleged HEAT hole is in the red circle. IMHO, the hole looks too clean, and being an unarmoured craft, the thinner sheathing should also have some secondary indentation from impact force, too. I might be mistaken, I don't have experience shooting Carl Gustavs... yet.

His theory says that the shots came from Navy Point, the western stretch of land of the narrows.

mapa stan.jpg

Last edited:

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Did you have a strobe laser that you just pointed at the target and your attack dinosaurs would go nuts for it?

From Ricky Ds Page -
"and how they returned home after a three-day press-blackout to find themselves cast as cowards who had “Surrendered with barely a shot fired”

I have never heard or seen that anywhere outside of his claims -

Gen question is my memory faulty where they at any point portrayed thus

From Ricky Ds Page -
"and how they returned home after a three-day press-blackout to find themselves cast as cowards who had “Surrendered with barely a shot fired”

No, of course they weren’t.

View attachment 393348 View attachment 393349

These are the only two pics RDP ever published of the LCVP, the second isn't even in the book. I think the alleged HEAT hole is in the red circle. IMHO, the hole looks too clean, and being an unarmoured craft, the thinner sheathing should also have some secondary indentation from impact force, too. I might be mistaken, I don't have experience shooting Carl Gustavs... yet.

Hey that's my grandfather's old army surplus sheep transport - he used it to transport the ewes to the market and the hole was made by a particularly angry ram that took exception to his wives being spirited off. Gramps sent his sheep herder to get the ship repaired in Stanley but when he got there he was overwhelmed by longing for his ewes and blew the repair dosh on exotic Argentinan females of ill repute. As you can see, the landing craft never did get repaired.

Hey that's my grandfather's old army surplus sheep transport - he used it to transport the ewes to the market and the hole was made by a particularly angry ram that took exception to his wives being spirited off. Gramps sent his sheep herder to get the ship repaired in Stanley but when he got there he was overwhelmed by longing for his ewes and blew the repair dosh on exotic Argentinan females of ill repute. As you can see, the landing craft never did get repaired.
It's for real, or it's the classic british dry humor?
EDIT: NVM, got it :D

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
From Ricky Ds Page -

Barely a mention eh?

It's for real, or it's the classic british dry humor?
Are you suggesting my grandfather, successful kosher sheep farmer and saintly chief Rabbi of Pebble Island wasn't real? I feel like complaining to the mods.