Did Argentina drop napalm on there own dead??

I'm not sure if Russia Today is a reliable source but here is the man himself on RT criticising army recruitment advertising ads

Some ironic advice given halfway through where Mr Philips suggests asking former military men why they joined the army

Ricky's been having a rough time convincing the media he's an 'eminent historian' ever since people actually started calling him out. Hasn't had any bites since his RT appearance!

Writing a book on War and sexing it up with nukes/napalm/rape of minors/shooting locals sells books.
All sounds a lot better than being an army egg burner & the odd stag down south in 82

I'm not sure if Russia Today is a reliable source but here is the man himself on RT criticising army recruitment advertising ads

Some ironic advice given halfway through where Mr Philips suggests asking former military men why they joined the army
Contrary to what many of us thought, and I put myself in that group, I was under the impression that it was a successful campaign. The problem was in the administration of the recruiting process by Capita not getting first contact with prospective recruits. You can only recruit those who walk in the door. As to asking former soldier why they join is pointless as life 20, 30 or 40 years ago was quite different which the adverts seem to have tapped into.

edited to add - Just listened to the end of that and it is obviously he know nothing about the army and the kit is has.

Writing a book on War and sexing it up with nukes/napalm/rape of minors/shooting locals sells books.
All sounds a lot better than being an army egg burner & the odd stag down south in 82
It gives us lots more as a Nation to repent off in years to come besides slavery, and the looting of all countries under the red on the pre 1945 maps.
Our gallant lads must have looted some ancient artifacts from down South - besides the tin lids, sniper scopes and gucci kit the americans gave the Argies!

Our gallant lads must have looted some ancient artifacts from down South - besides the tin lids, sniper scopes and gucci kit the americans gave the Argies!
I still have a leather binoculars case which I found near Two Sisters in early 83. Would you believe it? Some thieving b**tard had nicked the binos!

I'd happily encourage open debate if the FI War issues Mr Phillips has promoted and such. If he wishes to present his theories and claims openly on here linked to evidence and reading material published by reputable persons and organisations two that we can all discuss them rationally.... It's be an interesting experience I think.

Plenty of long time Arrsers here (and over on RR too) with experience of the conflict or the FI or who are skilled and experienced researchers and historians.

Over to you Mr Phillips. Present your thoughts and theories and evidence to disprove what all these 'Trolls' are accusing you of......

I'd happily encourage open debate if the FI War issues Mr Phillips has promoted and such. If he wishes to present his theories and claims openly on here linked to evidence and reading material published by reputable persons and organisations two that we can all discuss them rationally.... It's be an interesting experience I think.

Plenty of long time Arrsers here (and over on RR too) with experience of the conflict or the FI or who are skilled and experienced researchers and historians.

Over to you Mr Phillips. Present your thoughts and theories and evidence to disprove what all these 'Trolls' are accusing you of......
You have little chance of his providing evidence. Even the content of his presentation at an academic conference, had no references at the end to validate his claims. The islanders themselves were incandescent with rage that he had the audacity to accuse them of calling Argentinian bodies ‘Eric’s’. Both of whom, had been in Stanley during the invasion and subsequent reclamation, and vociferously rebuked his claims. He still stood there calling them wrong though. The guy is delusional about his importance.

You have little chance of his providing evidence. Even the content of his presentation at an academic conference, had no references at the end to validate his claims. The islanders themselves were incandescent with rage that he had the audacity to accuse them of calling Argentinian bodies ‘Eric’s’. Both of whom, had been in Stanley during the invasion and subsequent reclamation, and vociferously rebuked his claims. He still stood there calling them wrong though. The guy is delusional about his importance.
It is important to at least offer the stage up to it though. Arrse has always been a tough crowd for people peddling nonsense but equally we are always open to an interesting debate or topic..... and to mercilessly mock fibbers.

Agree. He's pretty much ignored genuine questions.

@RickyDPhillips name your terms. What's it going to take to get you to defend your claims on here?

And to think that I always thought that the 'Erics' were the Bristow helicopters down in the FI on contract...

What's the etymology, real or supposed, for the use of Erics to describe the dead bodies?

I'm assuming reference to well-known figure of the day... Sykes? Morcambe?Hobsbawm? [well, maybe not him] or rhyming slang (or a combination thereof {Eric Hobsbawm/Frog Spawn, frog spawn found bobbing up and down in water)??

Exactly, no more ranting about trolls, l a y out the case, the evidence and if true, should exhonerate you.

And to think that I always thought that the 'Erics' were the Bristow helicopters down in the FI on contract...

What's the etymology, real or supposed, for the use of Erics to describe the dead bodies?

I'm assuming reference to well-known figure of the day... Sykes? Morcambe?Hobsbawm? [well, maybe not him] or rhyming slang (or a combination thereof {Eric Hobsbawm/Frog Spawn, frog spawn found bobbing up and down in water)??

Don't know the etymology. The term Eric was certainly in use by some people at HQBFFI in the period Dec 82 to June 83. As I recall, it was used to describe the occasional dead body discovered in the post-conflict period. Although the term might imply disrespect to the dead, my recollection is that the bodies were always treated with respect, including those who were re-buried at the cemetery constructed near Darwin for the Argentine dead.

Edited to add: @Archimedes suggested rhyming slang. So, possibly, Eric The Red = dead.

Last edited:

He was not clever enough to create an elaborate lie, he was asked as to why they would refer to them in that manner, but swept the origins aside, as if it would not matter.

Ricky's response to being asked for evidence has always been to write a rant about how tons of important people agree with him. All of this generally starts out with people asking him for evidence, and that's always his response to anyone who doesn't immediately accept his conspiracy outright.
Since he's never been to the Falklands also, he seems to have just plain invented a whole lot of his 'evidence', which he purports to have gathered first-hand on the islands themselves.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ricky's response to being asked for evidence has always been to write a rant about how tons of important people agree with him. All of this generally starts out with people asking him for evidence, and that's always his response to anyone who doesn't immediately accept his conspiracy outright.
Since he's never been to the Falklands also, he seems to have just plain invented a whole lot of his 'evidence', which he purports to have gathered first-hand on the islands themselves.
Yes, his contention does seem to be more than a little perforated.

What's your background, and how were you drawn into his tale ?

Yes, his contention does seem to be more than a little perforated.

What's your background, and how were you drawn into his tale ?
I study Argentina and I signed up and selected it as one of my interests on Quora, which is a website where anyone can ask questions and anyone can answer. Apparently the only thing people talk about on there is the Nazis in Argentina and the war (seriously - NOTHING ELSE!). Really terrible place that, it's just endless shitflinging between nationalists on both sides who seem to have not gotten the memo that Brits and Argentines don't hate each other anymore and that about 99% of the events of the war are agreed upon by all but the most stubborn crazies.

It turned out that Ricky was one of the most prolific posters there on the British nationalist side, as he replies to every single question with his Falklands conspiracy. It sounded ridiculous so I asked him for sources, he quickly went ballistic with the usual 'all of these people support me but I can't actually source my claims'. Eventually he blocked me, so I looked further into just who he was, as he claimed on there he was an esteemed 'Military Historian.' With a cursory glance, it was obvious that was BS, so I made a post about it with everything I'd figured out just in case anyone else was looking for info on him.
That was back in December, I'd forgotten all about this until I was contacted by people who went to the conference telling me about Ricky's escapades there. Only recently found the arrse thread, seems you chaps had this all figured out a long time ago.

Last edited:
I study Argentina and I signed up and selected it as one of my interests on Quora, which is a website where anyone can ask questions and anyone can answer. Apparently the only thing people talk about on there is the Nazis in Argentina and the war (seriously - NOTHING ELSE!). Really terrible place that, it's just endless shitflinging between nationalists on both sides who seem to have not gotten the memo that Brits and Argentines don't hate each other anymore and that about 99% of the events of the war are agreed upon by all but the most stubborn crazies.

It turned out that Ricky was one of the most prolific posters there on the British nationalist side, as he replies to every single question with his Falklands conspiracy. It sounded ridiculous so I asked him for sources, he quickly went ballistic with the usual 'all of these people support me but I can't actually source my claims'. Eventually he blocked me, so I looked further into just who he was, as he claimed on there he was an esteemed 'Military Historian.' With a cursory glance, it was obvious that was BS, so I made a post about it with everything I'd figured out just in case anyone else was looking for info on him.
That was back in December, I'd forgotten all about this until I was contacted by people who went to the conference telling me about Ricky's escapades there. Only recently found the arrse thread, seems you chaps had this all figured out a long time ago.
George, you lost an argument on Quora, that's the origins of this, and to prove it, you went and deleted every single reply I made to your thread, so nobody could see. You then embarked upon a six month hate campaign of spreading a complete lie about me, with clever trolling, all out of this obsessive bitterness. And yes George, it is utterly obsessive.
You have based your "knowledge" on a book you haven't read, yet have told everyone all about it for six months... if I spent six months wailing about a book and it turned out I hadn't even read the thing, my credibility would be zero... and not just me, but anyone. Yet you seem to think this is normal or acceptable. In fact, if I showed here the extent of your obsessive behaviour around me, they'd agree that it is far from normal. It is obsessive and downright creepy. You're into "single white female" territory with this... You really need a hobby or a job. Your constant wailing about your "Academic" credentials hasn't helped you into employment, has it?
Know where I am George? Inverness, working. Yesterday at Skye, working. It would be recommended that you join the real world and stop playing with computers.
Now let me ask you what you ever did, other than pour scorn on what others have done? What have you achieved? What have you done which makes you feel superior to others? At least I've gone out and done something, and despite your"claims" (about a book you never read) you have actually just sat behind a myriad of fake profiles making stuff up, lying about me, projecting, agreeing with yourself and trying to convince others... all because you lost an argument on Quora. It ain't normal behaviour.
If you don't stop this, I will take legal action and I will put you on the stand and you will lose in public. Because you're destroying reputations and you're actually stalking me now. You won't stand there when you can't hide behind a computer screen to invent utter lies about people, will you? And I'll show everyone that you are a libellous troll. You are wasting my time and everyone's with this obsessive fantasy and making up ridiculous stories about things which simply didn't happen. And I'll give you that you do a convincing job, but you're a fraud and a charlatan, claiming to "know" things about a book you never read and a conference you weren't at. Every word you have written from your fake profiles is utter crap, and you know it is too. Now I'm a great friend to our veterans, and I'm the guy who was there for our Royals when nobody else was. I said no to writing First Casualty three times George, because I said someone might do a better job and I didn't want to get it wrong... The Royals said everyone had had 35 bloody years and hadn't got it right once yet. Now they say it's perfect. I had one literally crying on me a few weeks back, thanking me that his grandkids will never read those lies about him again, and if you were in the UK, not tucked behind a screen in Australia grinning at your latest clever lie, you'd have sixty bootnecks kicking your door in. Has anyone here actually asked them? Not one person.
You are a stalker and fantasist, and you have projected that onto me, George. I'll speak to the veterans, but the fact that you're here is sad, and worse because I've had to read comments from people you've taken in with this obsessive farce about a character you've created which you pretend is me. When I'm back from the Highlands, I'll happily show them what a liar you are, and until then, be warned, if you continue, I will sue you for my name and reputation and I will show you up publicly.

By the cringe! That's a word salad and a half. Imagining the puce, spittle flecked thrashing at the keyboard has made me chortle.

Still sounds like there are two versions of this though, and the believable one is from the blokes who actually did the hard yards and don't consider tinfoil and peanut butter a fashion accessory.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ah, legal action threats, hilarious. Is it true you've never been to the Falklands Ricky? Oh and before you send your Royal Marine death squad my way. I suggest you bear in mind I have legions of Ninjas, the ones who trained the invisible goblins to plant explosives in the towers. You bluffing prick.