Did Argentina drop napalm on there own dead??

Teeth and bone fragments remain, I believe. They put it into a ball mill to reduce the solid fragments to powder. Time Team & similar dig up Roman cremation urns with bits of bone in them. There'd be teeth all over the island and there'd be Argentine accounts of the body disposal system. It's too inconsistent to be true.
The ball mill is called a cremulator.

It's at this point that all the gold fillings spontaneously evaporate...

How very nice that the occupying force decided to take a local resident into their confidence .

Maybe the rumour of the LEPs finding mustard gas at ISAF HQ whilst they were digging a trench was true.....or maybe it was rumour
Well not ISAF HQ, but when the northern part of the airport was cleared the rumour was better placed!

HE117

LE
46 million rounds fired at a cost of £200 million?

Even my basic maths skills says that's almost £4.35 a round, which is utter bolleaux.
Unless of course the 200 million includes every round, grenade, bomb, missile, rocket.....
You are forgetting the cost of flying it out into theatre and the building of the infrastructure to handle it.. not cheap!

I have a strong suspicion that, never having had to do it since WW2, someone forgot the problem of getting heavy ammunition into a landlocked theatre. There are huge cost implications and limitations in moving bang, and much of the military lift capability became tied up in this job.. I was using a C130 for almost a month solid shifting 105 around a theatre, never mind the use of C17 capacity to get it in the first place...

On the up side, I always got flights home in comfort, as I was allowed to go on DAC flights!

Last edited:
You are forgetting the cost of flying it out into theatre and the building of the infrastructure to handle it.. not cheap!

I have a strong suspicion that, never having had to do it since WW2, someone forgot the problem of getting heavy ammunition into a landlocked theatre. There are huge cost implications and limitations in moving bang, and much of the military lift capability became tied up in this job.. I was using a C130 for almost a month solid shifting 105 around a theatre, never mind the use of C17 capacity to get it in the first place...

On the up side, I always got flights home in comfort, as I was allowed to go on DAC flights!
Indeed. I was highlighting the utter bolleaux the media produce when they're ignorant of the subject matter. One has only to read anything the BBC produces regarding firearms (including their risible & awful "guide to firearms terms") for a shining example of such.

I was at a conference last week with Ricky D. Phillips. He was an embarrassment. I am just about completing my PhD, everything I have written has to have stellar sourcing and concrete evidence. The nonsense that man presented, to a room of 60 strong islanders, academics, actual military historians and veterans of the Falklands War in 1982 was astounding. He got annihilated by numerous members of the Task Force as well as notable historians in the room, and was the butt of the jokes of the entire conference. He is a committed conspiracy theorist, who fakes evidence to suit his narrative. He purports to have ‘found’ a mysterious Amtrack on the Falklands which he has claimed he photographed, yet has never visited the islands. The conference organisers were junior academics, and took Ricky’s paper abstract at face value, not realising the charlatan he is. This was RDP's first foray into an academic conference, and it will certainly be his last. He is not to be trusted. I am so incensed by his attempts to pass himself off as credible, I have been seething over it for a week.

Last edited:

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
I was at a conference last week with Ricky D. Phillips. He was an embarrassment. I am just about completing my PhD, everything I have written has to have stellar sourcing and concrete evidence. The nonsense that man presented, to a room of 60 strong islanders, academics, actual military historians and veterans of the Falklands War in 1982 was astounding. He got annihilated by numerous members of the Task Force as well as notable historians in the room, and was the butt of the jokes of the entire conference. He is a committed conspiracy theorist, who fakes evidence to suit his narrative. He purports to have ‘found’ a mysterious Amtrack on the Falklands which he has claimed he photographed, yet has never visited the islands. The conference organisers were junior academics, and took Ricky’s paper abstract at face value, not realising the charlatan he is. This was RDP's first foray into an academic conference, and it will certainly be his last. He is not to be trusted. I am so incensed by his attempts to pass himself off as credible, I have been seething over it for a week.
I think a fair few people share your anger! Which conference was it? What did the veterans say to him?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

On the contrary - having been responsible for the movement planning for bang into theatre in 2006 during the 'reinforcement' of HERRICK, I was told to plan on moving 600 tons into theatre by air for the whole campaign.

I said we weren't capable of doing that, what with TELIC etc going on concurrently and argued that 300 tons was possible with a further 300 tons available for rapid deployment if required. That plan was accepted.

Not a shot fired etc etc...

Suffice to say the plan changed - and rather quickly once J5 understood the reality of what we'd got ourselves into.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Suffice to say the plan changed - and rather quickly once J5 understood the reality of what others had got ourselves into.
As I don't recall getting a vote on it.

As I don't recall getting a vote on it.
Neither did I - all I got was "you know all that ammo we said we wouldn't need Bubbles? Get some frames and get it there sharpish...."

Interesting to see that RDP's book gets a whopping 4.95 out of 5 on Amazon with 75 positive reviews and only 5 negative!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Interesting to see that RDP's book gets a whopping 4.95 out of 5 on Amazon with 75 positive reviews and only 5 negative!
That's easily amended...

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer

that aS six million pounds a month for carriage fees back then.

Latest Threads