Did Argentina drop napalm on there own dead??

Teeth and bone fragments remain, I believe. They put it into a ball mill to reduce the solid fragments to powder. Time Team & similar dig up Roman cremation urns with bits of bone in them. There'd be teeth all over the island and there'd be Argentine accounts of the body disposal system. It's too inconsistent to be true.
The ball mill is called a cremulator.

It's at this point that all the gold fillings spontaneously evaporate...

How very nice that the occupying force decided to take a local resident into their confidence .

Maybe the rumour of the LEPs finding mustard gas at ISAF HQ whilst they were digging a trench was true.....or maybe it was rumour
Well not ISAF HQ, but when the northern part of the airport was cleared the rumour was better placed!

46 million rounds fired at a cost of £200 million?

Even my basic maths skills says that's almost £4.35 a round, which is utter bolleaux.
Unless of course the 200 million includes every round, grenade, bomb, missile, rocket.....
You are forgetting the cost of flying it out into theatre and the building of the infrastructure to handle it.. not cheap!

I have a strong suspicion that, never having had to do it since WW2, someone forgot the problem of getting heavy ammunition into a landlocked theatre. There are huge cost implications and limitations in moving bang, and much of the military lift capability became tied up in this job.. I was using a C130 for almost a month solid shifting 105 around a theatre, never mind the use of C17 capacity to get it in the first place...

On the up side, I always got flights home in comfort, as I was allowed to go on DAC flights!

Last edited:
You are forgetting the cost of flying it out into theatre and the building of the infrastructure to handle it.. not cheap!

I have a strong suspicion that, never having had to do it since WW2, someone forgot the problem of getting heavy ammunition into a landlocked theatre. There are huge cost implications and limitations in moving bang, and much of the military lift capability became tied up in this job.. I was using a C130 for almost a month solid shifting 105 around a theatre, never mind the use of C17 capacity to get it in the first place...

On the up side, I always got flights home in comfort, as I was allowed to go on DAC flights!
Indeed. I was highlighting the utter bolleaux the media produce when they're ignorant of the subject matter. One has only to read anything the BBC produces regarding firearms (including their risible & awful "guide to firearms terms") for a shining example of such.