Did anyone know about this?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Speedy, Jun 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The UKs' first Veterans Day. Why didn't they let all of us veterans know about it then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5119404.stm

It reeks of political coinage this. Suddenly all of the Labour MPs are pro-military and pop back to shake hands in a vote winning PR exercise. Then cut the bugets further. Brown is the biggest hypocrite of the all!

2. how rude ey?

3. This event is for the benefit of the media, not veterans, and for the ultimate benefit of the snout-troughs.

4. The Royal British Legion arent interested in it. They feel that it will devalue Rememberance Day.

As MrPVRd stated its not for the veterans its for the media a politicos to feel good about themselves with large amounts of self indulgent back slapping.

Lets save a fortune and not have a Veterans day. Just make it law that everyone in the country has to observe 2 mins silence at the appropriate time. Failure to comply punishable by an immediate horse whipping.

And good on the Royal British Legion for having a sensible and very modest outlook on this matter.

5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Sadly this comes across as a shallow political stunt by this Government. It will take some effort to drag it out of the mire of political spin and posturing. These people do not give a flying f*ck about veterans - look how they treat those of us serving - they only care about thier own image, and the endless scrabbling for votes.

6. Veterans Day
    Cameron wanting a Bill of Rights
    Going to war for Bush

The only thing that surprises me is that Bliar's kids are not named Randy or Todd.
    Don't get me wrong I am not anti US

Just British and would rather stay that way thank you.

Quack

7. I hope any former service personnel show that turd Blair and all these rest of his cronies exactly what is thought of them.

This is nothing more than an attempt of Scum Blair to pretend he gives a flying f*** about the forces. Personally I am amazed at the nerve of the parasite. Trying to grab a bit of reflected glory. Maybe it should not be called Veterans Day, but:

"Blair Cares Day which is so special that I want it on a day not called Rememberence Day as everyone already knows that I cannot Claim that as My Idea."

I hate him almost as much as I hate my ex-wife.

8. At the end of the day if it highlights remembering our veterans can it not all be bad?

9. What a load of old b*llocks.

10. No but if it is to make scumbag politicians look good then yes.

Soon to be followed by Cuddly Animal's Day and Children's Day.

Cuddly Animals can be stroked and plenty of photo shoots.

Children should NOT be stroked but still plenty of photo opportunities.

11. Its fair to say that neither are we then. Even if they had told us. Well said Inf/MP.

12. The money would be better used if given to Combat Stress/RBL

13. Yes, but the RBL and Combat Stress are not inventions of Blair. Remember there was nothing good before Blair. All that is good mst be somehow connected to Blair. Why else invent a new day specifically to associate his name with and diminish 11 Nov. Give it a few years an Blair would abolish 11 Nov if he could - after all he is not the centre of attrction.

14. Hear Hear! Inf/MP

Tough on Bliar and Tough on the causes of Bliar.