Did anyone here serve with Bear Grylls?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mejpark, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Big Bear Grylls fan here! I've watched his show "Man Vs. Wild", which is basically a survival programme originally aired across the pond. Bear shows you how to survive in different environments around the globe, including the Moab Desert and the Costa Rican rainforest. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the show, primarily that it was faked, and that many of the locations were filmed close to civilisation. But whether the show was fake or not, you have to take your hat off to this guy--he was the youngest Englishman to reach the summit of Everest, after breaking his back. That certainly wasn't fake. I recently read his book "Facing Up", which is his story of his journey to the summit of Everest. Very inspiring!

Please read this article for more information:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

2. Move this to the T.A. Forum and you may get some answers... 8)

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I once served with Bear Hug. Don't know if he was related though.

4. I'm his best mate and drinking buddy/Zedbra eating buddy

What questions do you have for me? I'll consider his persec then answer 'truthfully'.

5. I once saw someone who had a bear behind........

6. Yes thank you Mrs Grylls we understand you are proud of your stab son now hurry up and get his tea ready and stop looking for admiration

7. Oi thats my best mate your talking about. Be careful or i may have to Biff you!

8. Hi Bear, how are you?

9. I served with his younger brother, Bacon Grylls. verticalgyro

laughed so much a bit of wee appeared

10. Isn't he related to George Foreman?.................Yes my memory serves me well, on the adverts I remember George saying "George Foreman grills!"

11. Didnt he hang round with his older brother, radiator, when he wanted to blow off some steam?

12. Being a fully converted fat bsatard this is the only Bear Grill I'm interested in

[​IMG]

13. Knew his uncle BARE ARSED....
    Ill get me coat..

14. Its so good "Ah put my name own'it"

15. His family taught him the "zip line" at a young age!

Attached Files: