Did anyone here serve with Bear Grylls?

Big Bear Grylls fan here! I've watched his show "Man Vs. Wild", which is basically a survival programme originally aired across the pond. Bear shows you how to survive in different environments around the globe, including the Moab Desert and the Costa Rican rainforest. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the show, primarily that it was faked, and that many of the locations were filmed close to civilisation. But whether the show was fake or not, you have to take your hat off to this guy--he was the youngest Englishman to reach the summit of Everest, after breaking his back. That certainly wasn't fake. I recently read his book "Facing Up", which is his story of his journey to the summit of Everest. Very inspiring!

Please read this article for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

oldbaldy

LE
I once served with Bear Hug. Don't know if he was related though.

I'm his best mate and drinking buddy/Zedbra eating buddy

What questions do you have for me? I'll consider his persec then answer 'truthfully'.

mejpark said:
Big Bear Grylls fan here! I've watched his show "Man Vs. Wild", which is basically a survival programme originally aired across the pond. Bear shows you how to survive in different environments around the globe, including the Moab Desert and the Costa Rican rainforest. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the show, primarily that it was faked, and that many of the locations were filmed close to civilisation. But whether the show was fake or not, you have to take your hat off to this guy--he was the youngest Englishman to reach the summit of Everest, after breaking his back. That certainly wasn't fake. I recently read his book "Facing Up", which is his story of his journey to the summit of Everest. Very inspiring!

Yes thank you Mrs Grylls we understand you are proud of your stab son now hurry up and get his tea ready and stop looking for admiration

paragorge said:
mejpark said:

Yes thank you Mrs Grylls we understand you are proud of your stab son now hurry up and get his tea ready and stop looking for admiration
Oi thats my best mate your talking about. Be careful or i may have to Biff you!

Didnt he hang round with his older brother, radiator, when he wanted to blow off some steam?

Being a fully converted fat bsatard this is the only Bear Grill I'm interested in

Knew his uncle BARE ARSED....
Ill get me coat..

B

Brandt

According to Wiki:

"During his time with 21 SAS Grylls served actively in North Africa twice."

I served with him. It was the Algiers Hilton, and we were playing doubles with Stan & Dinger. His backhand volley isn't too bad either.

The man's a twaaat. Imagine him, Mears and Parry in a survival situation. Mears would be making a canoe out of his filofax, Parry getting himself smacked off his t1ts on screech powder, and Grylls crying 'cos his Blackberry couldn't get reception.

Hang on.... whole new thread beckons!