Did any Project Fear Predictions Materialise to be True?

Arse_Bandit

War Hero
Its no big leap from xenophobia to opposing FoM.

I cannot recall one single post or comment pre Referendum making mention of that. The key driver for many was xenophobia.

And a brief reminder of the Leave mindset on this issue.

Is this all you do? Tilt at windmills all day? Is it possible for you to admit that there may be other reasons to limit FoM or is everyone in the UK (except the holier than thou BB obvs.) a Xenophobe...

I'm happy (and said it before Brexit) that we can now afford to accomodate immigration from the RotW because we won't have uncontrolled immigration from the EU, but I guess by your standards I'm still a racist?

That's nasty: giving a link to where the remainiac mongs think they may find solace for their many and severe mental aberrations, only for them to be disqualified at the first hurdle as the group is only "for adults".

It doesn't say that it's a support group for whiney whinging window lickers with the mental age of a sun-dried tomato.
A link posted by one of the Brexit camp.

Its his link, stop being horrible to the NSCC.

Not heard of China?

BTW:

RD8nB30.jpeg

It’s a big leap from opposing FOM to xenophobia

The key driver for many people to oppose freedom of movement was (and I believe remains) wage protection.

Of course, the LSE and the Guardian spent years telling us that freedom of movement (and in particular the extension of FOM to accession countries) had little or no impact on domestic wages.

Which every right minded person living and working in any form of blue collar employment or working class community knew was utter, utter bollocks - because they watched it happening.

And now, finally absent seasonal influxes of foreign workers and houses full of Eastern European workers, we see wages starting to gradually rise, skills become something that companies might have to generate through training and developing their workforces, and companies beginning to once again compete on terms and conditions of employment and treat their workers as assets rather than disposable commodities.

The impact on pay and treatment of low-paid unskilled and semi-skillled workers is already showing itself to be the biggest benefit of brexit.

A brief reminder of the remainer mindset on this issue:

I googled to see what Pret were doing about their pay and staff...

1b.jpg

It's a real leap from "They almost allowed Huawei to run our 5G networks." to allowing the technology to be used (with no guarantee that it would be) don't you think?

I may not know much about much but I'm happy I'm right on this one!
So the Americans were talking out of their arrses then?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You’re still deflecting sweetie. How does highlighting Jeremy Vine equate to me “going off on one”?
I very much doubt it equates to going off on anything, but I have to say it does show poor taste in your radio listening....

(Being of a certain age I do also have Radio 2 on in the background between meetings when I work from home, but tend to turn to other stations when the grief-whoring itinerant whinger appears. Not always, but mostly).

So the Americans were talking out of their arrses then?
No comment, I wasn't at the meetings. My only knowledge of what was said is what has been reported with whatever slant each journalist puts on it. The point is that "They almost allowed Huawei to run our 5G networks." is inaccurate whereas allowing the technology to be used (with no guarantee that it would be) is accurate.

I googled to see what Pret were doing about their pay and staff...

View attachment 605727

Pret currently pay their team members £8.91 an hour (£9.91 with the additional weekly mystery shopper bonus) 5% would put them on £10.41 (approx). Whoop Whoop!.

Pret currently pay their team members £8.91 an hour (£9.91 with the additional weekly mystery shopper bonus) 5% would put them on £10.41 (approx). Whoop Whoop!.

How much would they pay if there was a glut of cheap EU migrants queueing up to work there?

Krelsea

Old-Salt
Hmm. How is me highlighting that Jeremy Vine didn’t say Brexit was to blame “going off on one”?

You might find this link useful for helping you control your impulse issues:

I’m an aspie and that site does my nut in

Edit: Not the site necessarily but the amount of people that use that site to either tell me (and others) how they know all about a condition and if you don’t fit into their little idea of what an aspie is then come the accusations and bollocks.

Childish rambling over

Couple of years ago Pret campaigned that all Y10s should work during the summer holidays for companies like themselves. The wages suggesred: da nada, not even a free lunch.
I've never bought anything from them since.
Staff shortage caused by Brexit

You seem to have omitted mention of that.

I’m an aspie and that site does my nut in

Edit: Not the site necessarily but the amount of people that use that site to either tell me (and others) how they know all about a condition and if you don’t fit into their little idea of what an aspie is then come the accusations and bollocks.

Childish rambling over
I don’t think there’s anything childish about your view - Mrs WM avoids all the disability and condition support groups because she has to live the condition and doesn’t see the need to listen to others droning on about their problems or how they’ve overcome some specific issue.

But I will apologise for suggesting Grac’s need to pick a fight was down to Aspergers. Sorry.

Krelsea

Old-Salt
I don’t think there’s anything childish about your view - Mrs WM avoids all the disability and condition support groups because she has to live the condition and doesn’t see the need to listen to others droning on about their problems or how they’ve overcome some specific issue.

But I will apologise for suggesting Grac’s need to pick a fight was down to Aspergers. Sorry.
Dunna be sorry mate. In fact I kinda see the point you were originally making in regards him lol. Quite a lot I get things in my head and any altering view makes me spit me dummy out. Usually until the wife or someone I respect slaps me down and makes me see sense.

I Just see these types of one size fits all pages and i can’t help having a pop at them . Amount of people I see giving this advice and that advice etc and sometimes it’s simply about gritting your teeth and doing the best you can. If I’d have grown up with all the ‘support’ around nowadays I dread to think what type of wreck I’d be.

Taking back control. No more FoM.

Hurrah!

Net migration figures includes students, so it means we are getting the brightest and the best from other countries.

you get that - They're sending their best, rather than sending over drugs, crime, rapists

Latest Threads