Did any Project Fear Predictions Materialise to be True?

Tax.

You'll have to ask them if you're interested, although I've quoted this extract a few times now:

Family-controlled Pentland says it has made the move to “benefit from the European Union’s freedoms and regulatory environment” after Brexit.

Nope. Here we go again:

"Having a parent company in Ireland does not save us any tax as all of our UK day-to-day trading activities will remain in the UK subject to UK tax,” the company said on Monday.

What is it if it isn't tax?

Tyk

LE
I surely can't be the only one who gives not a single fcuk if Brexit results in some businesses hitting the big time.

Or others going down the shitter...

Not at all, I see it as business as usual with some variations, the same type of variations any substantial change bring. It's only bellends that insist on blaming every negative on Brexit and apportioning good things to anything but Brexit.
No way to get around their dogmatic obsession to paint Brexit as the source of all evil and there's precious little point in trying to debate. @Bravo_Bravo is also obsessive at point scoring, I guess it's a self worth issue.

Says the man who doesn't think

Family-controlled Pentland says it has made the move to “benefit from the European Union’s freedoms and regulatory environment” after Brexit.

Refers to Brexit.
You keep saying that, despite the fact I said in a much earlier post it made sense.

I know you like to "redefine" the argument to suit yourself, but out and out lying makes you look very stupid.

There are firms out there that are relishing this opportunity because they will find a way to make this work. The others that whine "it's really hard mummy" can fall by the wayside and bollocks to them.

I know you like to "redefine" the argument to suit yourself, but out and out lying makes you look very stupid.
Well he is stupid..

You can do what you want in your attempt to pretend you haven't seen the specific comment about Brexit being the reason behind this.

Huff and puff as much as you want.

Its Brexit.

That's not blaming Brexit. It's saying they want to 'benefit from EU freedoms', AFTER Brexit.

Surely if they were blaming Brexit they'd say 'BECAUSE' of Brexit.

Like I stubbed my toe after dinner.

I'm not blaming dinner for me stubbing my toe, I'm just putting it in a timeline of events.

Happy to help with your understanding.

You clearly didn’t read what I wrote. Of course some businesses will leave because of Brexit. They are either unable or unwilling to adapt their business model to the new reality.

Some other businesses will leave for entirely different reasons. Some will come because of Brexit and some come because of other reasons.

That hardly proves Brexit is a mistake. Companies left before Brexit. Businesses closed before Brexit. Some businesses closed or left because of the EU.

Highlighting something in shouty letters doesn’t make it any more impressive.
They state Brexit was the reason for leaving.

Huff, puff and bluster as much as you want, that's why they left.

Not at all, I see it as business as usual with some variations, the same type of variations any substantial change bring. It's only bellends that insist on blaming every negative on Brexit and apportioning good things to anything but Brexit.
No way to get around their dogmatic obsession to paint Brexit as the source of all evil and there's precious little point in trying to debate. @Bravo_Bravo is also obsessive at point scoring, I guess it's a self worth issue.

The bit in quotes is what they said, the bit about Brexit looks like the newspaper added it.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

What’s your point? I agreed with you all along. They left because of Brexit. So what? Whenever you get change there will always be losers. Even if you don’t change there are losers.

Didn't they move to Ireland to take advantage of Ireland's tax haven?
If you can't understand their specific mention of enjoying freedom of movement etc post Brexit, previously enjoyed but now denied by Brexit , perhaps you could ask your Lower Set Y9 to explain?

You should also enroll in a basic English Comprehension class.

If you can't understand their specific mention of enjoying freedom of movement etc post Brexit, previously enjoyed but now denied by Brexit , perhaps you could ask your Lower Set Y9 to explain?

You should also enroll in a basic English Comprehension class.

So you're saying that Brexit denied them FoM, so they moved to Ireland after Brexit?

Weird.

So you're saying that Brexit denied them FoM, so they moved to Ireland after Brexit?

Weird.

He has no clue as to the point he is making. It was tax, then might not have been, then FoM, but quite what he is unable to answer. So, reverts to "Brexit". It would be nice to have a reasoned and balanced discussion but it is impossible despite best efforts.

Weird.
Interesting youve deliberately misread their quote, and my comment.

They've stated their moving because of Brexit.

Ask your Lower Set Y9 to explain.

Interesting youve deliberately misread their quote, and my comment.

They've stated their moving because of Brexit.

Ask your Lower Set Y9 to explain.
Ahem!:p

He did

Understanding what you had written is the problem.

The mutant has the English Comprehension skills of a discarded flip-flop.
Says the bullshitter who reckons I called a serving soldier a coward.