Did any Project Fear Predictions Materialise to be True?

There were 24 towards the start of 2020; the UK had the most (7; in 2019).

Yes, so they say, but show me a photo of a black or brown MEP.

There's a lot of horizontal-eyed-rice-pudding-eaters who're white, but claim to be otherwise these days.

So show me a pic of these 'BAME' MEPs.

I kinda strongly suspect that they don't look BAME.

Edited to add; you'll notice that the 'BAME MEPs' aren't even mentioned by name, so it's not easy to google them up.

And I've tried googling to see how BAME they actually look. I can't find any. Can you?

Yes, so they say, but show me a photo of a black or brown MEP.

There's a lot of horizontal-eyed-rice-pudding-eaters who're white, but claim to be otherwise these days.

So show me a pic of these 'BAME' MEPs.

I kinda strongly suspect that they don't look BAME.
See edit.

But it's Boris who is the racist, even if he does have Pritti, Savid, and Rishi in his cabinet.

And the racist Brexiteers...

1b.jpg

"Great post"?

Sure.

He's a bloviating bluffer. He tells lies. He doesn't like it when his lies are pointed out.

The post you quoted is largely fictional, deliberately so.

Lies, in other words as I've clearly demonstrated.

But you'll like him, as he's a Brexit supporter.
Wow. 24 hours later and you‘re still crying. I must have really hit a nerve.

You say my post was largely fictional…

Second Change UK candidate resigns in 24 hours over offensive tweets.

Whilst we’re at it, what are your views on Remain homophobia?

I’ll also just drop this screenshot in here to, once again, highlight your attempt yesterday to downplay the racism you repeatedly failed to condemn.

00FF6838-46F2-44BD-B56E-BA4CEFB411FB.jpeg

Whilst it’s not impossible that you actively support racism, it’s extremely likely IMO.

Rather obviously.

Now, as I find it tiresome to deal with racists and those (such as yourself) who attack those who highlight racism, I’ll pop you on ignore for a few days until you’ve calmed down.

Feel free to howl into the void.

There were 24 (BAME, not necessarily Black/Brown) towards the start of 2020; the UK had the most (7; in 2019).

Edit: From a v quick scan of the current list (Full list | MEPs | European Parliament):

View attachment 604437View attachment 604438View attachment 604439View attachment 604440View attachment 604441View attachment 604442

Still, not many.

I googled the easier names, Alice, Assita, Monica and Samira; they were all elected for the first time in 2019.

It would've been 2017 when I read this article that I tried to find some:

Still they're improving, thank you. That's 6 out of 705 MEPs. The racist UK has some catching up to do before our parliament reflects the EU's parliamentary diversity.

Still they're improving, thank you. That's 6 out of 705 MEPs. The racist UK has some catching up to do before our parliament reflects the EU's parliamentary diversity.
I'm not saying they're doing well!

Wow. 24 hours later and you‘re still crying. I must have really hit a nerve.

You say my post was largely fictional…

Second Change UK candidate resigns in 24 hours over offensive tweets.

Whilst we’re at it, what are your views on Remain homophobia?

I’ll also just drop this screenshot in here to, once again, highlight your attempt yesterday to downplay the racism you repeatedly failed to condemn.

View attachment 604446

Whilst it’s not impossible that you actively support racism, it’s extremely likely IMO.

Rather obviously.

Now, as I find it tiresome to deal with racists and those (such as yourself) who attack those who highlight racism, I’ll pop you on ignore for a few days until you’ve calmed down.

Feel free to howl into the void.
Cheers Aldridge.

More winning at Brexit.

They own Witherspoon's...

"Its trading businesses remain in the UK where they are liable for tax on their operations, and Pentland is suggesting the move “does not save us any tax”."

So it sounds like a sensible compromise. Holding company in Ireland to help with EU regulation and common market. UK based trading as that is where the actual money is made.

"Its trading businesses remain in the UK where they are liable for tax on their operations, and Pentland is suggesting the move “does not save us any tax”."

So it sounds like a sensible compromise. Holding company in Ireland to help with EU regulation and common market. UK based trading as that is where the actual money is made.
And some people will actually believe that.

Are you disputing they are keeping their trading companies domiciled in the UK? It's going to be pretty easy to check if they don't.
I have no doubt the prime reason for the transfer is to reduce the amount of Corporation Tax they will pay.

Microsoft have about 3500 employees in the UK, revenues approaching £2.5 billion yet had a tax charge of £43.5 million.

The company accounts also noted: "As permitted by Schedule 1, paragraph 68 of the Companies Act 2006, revenue is not analysed by geographical market as in the opinion of the directors the disclosure of this information would be seriously prejudicial to the interest of the company."

Its "principal area of business activity" is the UK.

Which is a decision many have taken which has nothing to do with Brexit, and requires the EU to fix it's broken tax regime(s) to change.
Maybe.

But the article specifically mentioned Brexit as the reason.

Family-controlled Pentland says it has made the move to “benefit from the European Union’s freedoms and regulatory environment” after Brexit. Its trading businesses remain in the UK where they are liable for tax on their operations, and Pentland is suggesting the move “does not save us any tax”.

No maybe about it. Plenty of companies tax resident in Ireland as part of transferring profits between jurisdictions. You know that.
I do know that.

And I've read why the company are moving: Brexit.

If they're doing it to reduce tax paid it has nothing to do with Brexit.

If they're not doing it to reduce tax paid it's not very relevant.
Once again:

Family-controlled Pentland says it has made the move to “benefit from the European Union’s freedoms and regulatory environment” after Brexit. Its trading businesses remain in the UK where they are liable for tax on their operations, and Pentland is suggesting the move “does not save us any tax”.

Brexit.

And if you think tax isn't an issue, you are naive.