Dick Strawbridge a good bloke?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by greyfergie, Mar 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching this fella on "Beat the Ancestors" ~ Seen him on other stuff and understand he was RE. He comes across well, I quite enjoy his programmes or programmes he's involved with.... Good bloke?

2. I think he was dREME, if you don't mind.

Other than that, I have no idea.

3. Oh right ~ REME then [my father would be proud]

4. Dick Strawbridge was Royal Signals his brother was REME I believe. I knew Dick as a subaltern in my squadron at 1 Div HQ & Sig Regt back in nineteen hundred and frozen to death...

5. Not sure I'd want to kiss anyone with a moustache like that!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bremen plus 012 - Copy.jpg Is that him on a horse, fine moustache.

7. He's always had a silly moustache...

8. I'll just ammend that to "I have no idea"!

Didn't think he was a "Chosen Man".

9. Dicks brother was RE Dave, played rugby with him at RMCS mid-eighties top bloke as well.

10. He was a nice chap when I had a chat with him at the Army v Navy a few years ago, just after his Scrap Heap Challenge debut.

Its refreshing to see an ex Army bloke doing well in the media.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep good bloke IMHO liked it when re-created dummy things used to dupe Gerry like the wheel thing like that was on Dad's Army. Very watchable programes

12. Proper soup strainer isn't it.....

13. They appeared together on scrapheap challenge a good few years back before Dick went all green and became a TV celebrity...

14. Where was the long haired Gwar last night though? Bit like Charlie Dimmocks more effeminate brother.
    I though those 2 were inseperable.