Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dianne Abbott......

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks. So, according to that, she graduated at the age of 19 or 20. It seems summat's wrong somewhere!
She's a Ruth Lawrence Walt.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Still trying to work out how she actually got to Cambridge in the first place, back in the 70s Oxbridge was definitely not a gimme,
Grammar School Education wasted by spending too much time with the many Trots who inhabited Universities back then?

Later career learning the warping of truth by being a small-time spin doctor and dealing with 'race issues', many of which were genuine in those days.
Joining Corbyn who had already been indoctrinated in his DDR travels and learning how to warp the truth.
You couldn't make it up, except the bit where she believes she held one of the great offices of state.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Quotas.

They had to find at least one total mong to tick a box - they auditioned loads, she won the mongiest of them all.

The packaging was a bonus.
I don't believe there were quotas for Oxbridge at that time.

My school spent a lot of time encouraging people to aim high to get in. We had the first girl to study Engineering at Cambridge and I am sure that was results-based or they wouldn't have trumpeted it to us youngsters quite so loudly to encourage us to try harder!

Tyk

LE
Wasn't there some shenanigans around her first election?

Being selected to replace a sitting MP just because she's female (allegedly) and black in a safe seat having not previously contested a marginal or unwinnable seat would have caused some controversy, at least at the local level. Pretty blatant "we want a black woman MP" PC favouritism rather than normal process.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
She thinks she was “Jeremy Corbyn’s Home Secretary”. Not a slip of the tongue, as she said it twice.

Sounds very much like something an idiot would say.
She good at dicktakin' but there ain't no news on tie-pin' or fahlin'

Thanks. So, according to that, she graduated at the age of 19 or 20. It seems summat's wrong somewhere!
Let's not forget who it is exactly who writes Wikipedia and other website entries.

Yep, it's the person who is the subject of the article (or a staff member).

Let's not forget who it is exactly who writes Wikipedia and other website entries.

Yep, it's the person who is the subject of the article (or a staff member).
I'm well aware of the shortcomings of Wikipedia, but that was a reference to an Encyclopedia Britannica entry, so Abbott or her team would not have been its author, at least not in its final version. But even EB has to get its 'facts' from somewhere, and, yes, she/her office would obviously have been a primary source. A glance at her DoB should have alerted an EB sub-editor to the anomaly, though.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There is some fluctuation in sugar levels, but I followed the 800 diet from Dr Michael Mosley quite rigidly and that did work well, I'm now following his 5:2 diet, plus exercising I was diagnosed as type 2, but not seriously high, but a definite warning, which I listened too. I haven't had a cold or been ill since I lost the weight and exercised and actually feel fitter and more energetic than I have for years - I'm also hitting my golf ball further, which is an added bonus.
I was Type 2 as well, but starting at Christmas last year ( a bloody awful time to start) I put myself on a diet and lost 4 stone or 20 kg whichever is more appropriate. Didn't follow any particular diet - apart from being a long term vegetarian - and just basically gave up everything I liked. It worked and even during lockdown I only put on 3 lbs, which has since dropped off. Although I'm still prescribed Metformin, along with other meds for other things, my doc reckons I'm now clear of diabetes.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Allegedly.

Cambridge University will neither confirm nor deny it.
They do confirm it, albeit very reluctantly. I know one of her tutors and he is fulsome in his praise for her .Durch!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
They do confirm it, albeit very reluctantly. I know one of her tutors and he is fulsome in his praise for her .Durch!
The person must be well over 80 years old if they were teaching at Cambridge1973-6. I blame dementia .

Why would “they” be even slightly reluctant to confirm a simple matter of fact? Reluctance to deny her claim I could understand, for reasons given earlier, but unwillingness to confirm it seems to make no sense, especially given Cambridge’s notorious 'diversity' ethos. How well do you know this former tutor? Could you ask him to double-check his memory? Grownup_Rafbrat could be right.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The person must be well over 80 years old if they were teaching at Cambridge1973-6. I blame dementia .
Indeed he is a trifle mature, but then some of the tutors/Professors here at Law are well past their first flush of youth

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why would “they” be even slightly reluctant to confirm a simple matter of fact? Reluctance to deny her claim I could understand, for reasons given earlier, but unwillingness to confirm it seems to make no sense, especially given Cambridge’s notorious 'diversity' ethos. How well do you know this former tutor? Could you ask him to double-check his memory? Grownup_Rafbrat could be right.
I don't know him terribly well, but enough to ask the question. She was certainly at Newnham. Can't speak for the veracity of her claims, but the chap in question worked at the History faculty as well as belonging to the college.

Jeremy Corbyn breaks rule of six with Diane Abbott.

In a statement, Ms Abbott explained that their gathering of eight people was in fact two separate groups of five.

Last edited:
Jeremy Corbyn breaks rule of six with Dianne Abbott.

In a statement, Ms Abbott explained that their gathering of eight people was in fact two separate groups of five.

And she constituted four of them.

Latest Threads