Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dianne Abbott......

NSP

LE
I've got diabetes, but I can still count and put the correct shoes on appropriate feet, matching too.
But you presumably medicate with insulin rather than pre-mixed mojito?

Or dinner followed by a Metformin chaser

No type 2 doesn't (normally) require insulin. I take no medication, I have been dieting and exercising, having lost over 2 stone so far, and am not far from having it under control.

Mattb

LE
I wonder what her natural talent is?
Chair warming
A sort of inverse mathematical proofing service, where if she agrees you know you've made a mistake
Making her colleagues look clever by comparison
Assisting Tory election chances
Production of carbon dioxide

She has loads!

Her true virtue is being ethnic

Which means when the inevitable racist knuckle dragging feckwit abuses her racially - then all criticism can be dismissed as racist far right attacks and so by extension anyone disagreeing with the policies Abbot parrots is a racist

Her racist remarks on the other hand are excused and highlighting them is met with you have a problem with Dianne Abbot a BLACK WOMAN problem - I wonder why that could possibly be.

No type 2 doesn't (normally) require insulin. I take no medication, I have been dieting and exercising, having lost over 2 stone so far, and am not far from having it under control.

Are you on pills, or pre diabetic and not taking any medication????

It's just diet and exercise seems to have little effect on my blood sugar levels, but stress and colds seems to be play havoc with them

But then they still can't make up their minds if I'm type 1 or 2 for sure, I've managed to get off insulin and get to be pre diabetic eventually, so I'm onto Metformin but if I forget to take the tablets it all goes downhill quite quickly again

Are you on pills, or pre diabetic and not taking any medication????

It's just diet and exercise seems to have little effect on my blood sugar levels, but stress and colds seems to be play havoc with them

But then they still can't make up their minds if I'm type 1 or 2 for sure, I've managed to get off insulin and get to be pre diabetic eventually, so I'm onto Metformin but if I forget to take the tablets it all goes downhill quite quickly again
There is some fluctuation in sugar levels, but I followed the 800 diet from Dr Michael Mosley quite rigidly and that did work well, I'm now following his 5:2 diet, plus exercising I was diagnosed as type 2, but not seriously high, but a definite warning, which I listened too. I haven't had a cold or been ill since I lost the weight and exercised and actually feel fitter and more energetic than I have for years - I'm also hitting my golf ball further, which is an added bonus.

I have type 2 but as others have said you have to put the effort in order to prevent it causing problems.
If Abbot’s performance in interviews is anything to go by it seems she can’t be arrsed to put the work in and relies on the race card and throwing a sickie to get herself out of trouble.
Took years for the medical profession to decide that I had type 2 diabetes even though I had shed loads of blood tests and told them of the symptoms I was having.
Had no chance as mum diagnosed with it, I was in a very stressful job and I was a fat cunt.
Now on Metformin and a drug called Empagliflozen, exercise (not as much as I should) and diet and cutting down on drinking. Last review was excellent but I need to lose more weight (docs always say that).
ETA if you haven’t already had one, ensure you do the DESMOND day which will give you all the information you require. Warning: the first half of the day is the ‘your doomed’ part but the rest is how to control your diabetes.

Last edited:
Chair warming
A sort of inverse mathematical proofing service, where if she agrees you know you've made a mistake
Making her colleagues look clever by comparison
Assisting Tory election chances
Production of carbon dioxide

She has loads!
She did have one saving grace during her otherwise appalling tenure as “Corbyn’s Home Secretary”: her bloated bulk kept three or four other gobby imbeciles from occupying the Labour front bench.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have type 2 but as others have said you have to put the effort in order to prevent it causing problems.
If Abbot’s performance in interviews is anything to go by it seems she can’t be arrsed to put the work in and relies on the race card and throwing a sickie to get herself out of trouble.
Took years for the medical profession to decide that I had type 2 diabetes even though I had shed loads of blood tests and told them of the symptoms I was having.
Had no chance as mum diagnosed with it, I was in a very stressful job and I was a fat ****.
Now on Metformin and a drug called Empagliflozen, exercise (not as much as I should) and diet and cutting down on drinking. Last review was excellent but I need to lose more weight (docs always say that).
ETA if you haven’t already had one, ensure you do the DESMOND day which will give you all the information you require. Warning: the first half of the day is the ‘your doomed’ part but the rest is how to control your diabetes.
I did the Desmond day, the only white bloke amongst a sea of black faces. When they started bringing out the coconut and palm oils and stating the fat content, the faces around me hit the deck. They had absolutely no idea about fats and sugars, just loads of "dat's de way me mam cook it, I cook de same".

My grandfather was a diabetic, died in 1965, he was a pharmacist who managed his own pharmacy for 30 years, i am sure if diabetes was a reason for being stupid he would not have been allowed to practice, neither did it stop him being conscripted in WW1 however he was posted to RAMC as opposed to DLI like his brothers.

I did the Desmond day, the only white bloke amongst a sea of black faces. When they started bringing out the coconut and palm oils and stating the fat content, the faces around me hit the deck. They had absolutely no idea about fats and sugars, just loads of "dat's de way me mam cook it, I cook de same".

?

She thinks she was “Jeremy Corbyn’s Home Secretary”. Not a slip of the tongue, as she said it twice.

Sounds very much like something an idiot would say.

I can imagine the reluctance to supplant her as Shadow HS wasn't so much the poisoned chalice as the prospect of her slobber on its rim.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads