Dianne Abbott......

Also interesting.
In July 2017, one James Abbott-Thomson was First Secretary at the British Embassy in Rome.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but to fire a First Secretary from post surely means some major misdemeanour.
Any FO types care to comment? Without going into specifics, obviously. ;)

Blogg

LE
Also interesting.
In July 2017, one James Abbott-Thomson was First Secretary at the British Embassy in Rome.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but to fire a First Secretary from post surely means some major misdemeanour.
Any FO types care to comment? Without going into specifics, obviously. ;)
And the alleged incident took place outside the FO...

Meanwhile, the press has been silent.

Now we know why: she really is that stupid and arrogant.

"Diane Abbott, the shadow home secretary, on Tuesday night tried to prevent The Telegraph from publishing details of a court hearing at which her son was accused of assaulting a police officer.

Lawyers acting for the Labour front-bencher wrote to this newspaper after it approached her for comment."

"Diane Abbott, the shadow home secretary, on Tuesday night tried to prevent The Telegraph from publishing details of a court hearing at which her son was accused of assaulting a police officer.

Lawyers acting for the Labour front-bencher wrote to this newspaper after it approached her for comment."

Cheers Trig.

What news of our dear Queen Victoria - still dead?

I read the (ETA: Alleged )incident happened outside the FO, from where he had been fired from his job at the Embassy in June a few months’ ago.
This would fit in with this from LinkedIn:

Consultant (Secondment)
HewardMills - your global Data Protection Office (DPO)
Jun 2019 – Present7 months
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
HewardMills is a professional services start-up at the cutting edge of European data protection and privacy issues. We provide Data Protection Officer (DPO) services to multinationals in Europe, the Middle East and the US wishing to outsourced and strengthen their privacy posture.
HewardMills is a professional services start-up at the cutting edge of European data protection and privacy issues. We provide Data Protection Officer (DPO) services to multinationals in Europe, the Middle East and the US wishing to outsourced and strengthen their privacy posture.

• Foreign and Commonwealth Office
    Foreign and Commonwealth Office
    4 years 8 months
    • First Secretary EU / Future Economic Partnership, British Embassy Rome
      Apr 2017 – Jun 20192 years 3 months
      Roma, Italia
    • Diplomatic Service Fast Stream
      Nov 2014 – Apr 20172 years 6 months
      London, United Kingdom

Last edited:

Blogg

LE
Cheers Trig.

What news of our dear Queen Victoria - still dead?
I'll type this slowly.

She got her lawyers to try and gag the Daily Telegraph (and no doubt others) from reporting Court proceedings.

The Telegraph no doubt consulted their lawyers and by publishing at 21.30 told her to FO&D, presumably because there is just a slight public interest in

(i) reporting an alleged assault against a police officer

(ii) that the vile, stupid creature who is Shadow Home Secretary is actively attempting to supress legitimate reporting of public proceeding in an open court

I'll type this slowly.

She got her lawyers to try and gag the Daily Telegraph (and no doubt others) from reporting Court proceedings.

The Telegraph no doubt consulted their lawyers and by publishing at 21.30 told her to FO&D, presumably because there is just a slight public interest in

(ii) that the vile, stupid creature who is Shadow Home Secretary is actively attempting to supress legitimate reporting of public proceeding in an open court
I refer m'learned friend to this post:

and this one:

I'll type this slowly.

It’s almost as if La Abbott has been having a chat with her chum Kate Osamor, the one who Allegedly wrote a letter of mitigation to the Judge trying the case in which her son was accused ( and, subsequently, found guilty) of dealing Class A drugs, on HoC notepaper with her Shadow Cabinet Post in her sig block.
Osamor then claimed she knew nothing about the case until the verdict.

Sammer

War Hero
Reading the DT report above, this bit caught my eye:
The Daily Telegraph said
Ms Abbott was approached by The Telegraph for comment after claims that her son had appeared in court began to circulate on the internet.

Solicitors sent a legal letter shortly after. The details of the letter are private and cannot be published.
Not that I particularly care but has a reason for her son leaving the FO been published? Might it be the subject of one of those ‘Super Injunctions’ that I’ve read about? She does seem the type...

Reporting of the incident appears limited. Considering this is the son of the shadow home secretary one wonders if injunctions are involved and one wonders if the lack of coverage would be the same if this was the son of our current home secretary?

Labour: We've managed to prevent Abbott from embarrassing us, champagne all around!

James Abbott: Hold my beer.

Acknowledgement to Reddit.

Poor behaviour as an adult is often linked to lack of a father figure in early years.
It would appear daddy only hung around long enough to impregnate her then legged it to save his sanity.

Abbott 'told ex-husband to be quiet over school'
Nov 2003
The former husband of the Labour MP Diane Abbott has claimed that she warned him to keep quiet about her decision to send their son to one of London's top private schools.
The disclosure comes as Miss Abbott, 50, admitted that she feared she could lose her job "in the next few weeks" as the Labour Party and her constituents decided whether her "indefensible" decision was too much to handle.
David Thompson, who separated from Miss Abbott in 1993 after a two-year marriage, told the Mail on Sunday: "She said I shouldn't say anything about it and that if reporters asked questions I should tell them to go away. She knew there was going to be trouble."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old_fat_and_hairy The NAAFI Bar 54
thegimp The NAAFI Bar 9
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 45

Latest Threads