Dianne Abbott......

Chapter 2, verses 9 to 21 of the Book of Armaments, actually. As I said.

Philistine!!!
Doh, aren't I a numpty!
Have a look at my ref though. It's actually very apt for this occasion .
There was me being all clever and trying to double guess you and, by great good fortune, hit upon a shitstorm of complicated numbers and other apposite elements.

I see someone's been poking Flabbott on her Facebook page post about people needing to be held to account over Windrush, with a link to the revelation that 50% of removals went down during Labours last tenure on the Speaker's right.

A one-sided account, of course, but it rings true enough: the woman seems to be a classic example of smug arrogance and surreally inflated self-esteem in inverse proportion to starkly limited competence/intelligence. Good though the article generally is, I part company with Edginton on this:

"Abbott has some fine qualities: she has dedicated half a lifetime to public service; she is brave, and has to put up with piles of abuse. She is a talented communicator, which is why she is in such demand from broadcasters."

I utterly fail to see any "fine qualities" in this deeply unpleasant racist hypocrite. If she has dedicated "half a lifetime" to anything, it is narrow, partisan, bigoted (and lucrative) self-interest, and her "public service" would appear to be more or less confined to the so-called Windrush generation and their descendants, with nary a thought for the white working class (racist to a man, of course) that she, along with the rest of Labour's front-bench liars, claims to champion. Whether or not she is brave (which I doubt), the "piles of abuse" heaped upon her have been entirely of her own making and - threats of violence aside - richly deserved.

Finally, to say that she is "a talented communicator" simply beggars belief - she may well be in demand from broadcasters, but largely because the opening of her capacious mouth is pretty much a guarantee of unrivalled comedy gold. Her floundering, flailing, bumbling stupidity, when challenged to think on her feet by even the simplest of questions, would be a source of innocent national merriment were she not so potentially dangerous. And the danger is all too real: the prodigious Brexit clusterf**k, in tandem with the voting power of the gormless and gullible millions out there, carries with it the real risk that this stupefyingly unfit woman could be lording it over the Home Office - and us - within a matter of months. Hammer Horror, for all its remarkable creativity, never came close to envisaging anything as terrifying as that.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I see someone's been poking Flabbott on her Facebook page post about people needing to be held to account over Windrush, with a link to the revelation that 50% of removals went down during Labours last tenure on the Speaker's right.
Any response ?

The Army used to use bits of paper with the times on it as well. They were called Part 1 orders....
I remember a story a former submariner told about the time they watched the new sprog go through the boat synchonising all the clocks to the time that was written on the piece of paper he was carrying with him.

Apparently they sat back and let him work his way through the entire boat before they laid a few truths on him.

Last edited:
A one-sided account, of course, but it rings true enough: the woman seems to be a classic example of smug arrogance and surreally inflated self-esteem in inverse proportion to starkly limited competence/intelligence. Good though the article generally is, I part company with Edginton on this:

"Abbott has some fine qualities: she has dedicated half a lifetime to public service; she is brave, and has to put up with piles of abuse. She is a talented communicator, which is why she is in such demand from broadcasters."

Its almost as if he copped out with the line about Abbott's qualities.

I utterly fail to see any "fine qualities" in this deeply unpleasant racist hypocrite. If she has dedicated "half a lifetime" to anything, it is narrow, partisan, bigoted (and lucrative) self-interest, and her "public service" would appear to be more or less confined to the so-called Windrush generation and their descendants, with nary a thought for the white working class (racist to a man, of course) that she, along with the rest of Labour's front-bench liars, claims to champion. Whether or not she is brave (which I doubt), the "piles of abuse" heaped upon her have been entirely of her own making and - threats of violence aside - richly deserved.
If you haven't patented that you should.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
That adage about lipstick on a pig also applies to hippopotami.

Quote:
Ms Abbott said it "would be wrong to blame Fiona Bruce for all this. Question Time has had a new editor for some time, and seems more interested in entertainment than politics.
"In the current abusive political climate, TV production teams need to reflect before they wind up live audiences against particular politicians.
"It may result in 'good television', but it can easily turn ugly."o_O
Ms Abbott said she is not asking for "special treatment, only fair treatment".

Quote:
Ms Abbott said it "would be wrong to blame Fiona Bruce for all this. Question Time has had a new editor for some time, and seems more interested in entertainment than politics.
"In the current abusive political climate, TV production teams need to reflect before they wind up live audiences against particular politicians.
"It may result in 'good television', but it can easily turn ugly."o_O
Ms Abbott said she is not asking for "special treatment, only fair treatment
".
my bold.

I would venture to suggest that had Ms Abbott not had special treatment over the years for some of her comments, she'd be doing "real time", not "Question Time".

Finally, to say that she is "a talented communicator" simply beggars belief - she may well be in demand from broadcasters, but largely because the opening of her capacious mouth is pretty much a guarantee of unrivalled comedy gold. Her floundering, flailing, bumbling stupidity, when challenged to think on her feet by even the simplest of questions, would be a source of innocent national merriment were she not so potentially dangerous. And the danger is all too real: the prodigious Brexit clusterf**k, in tandem with the voting power of the gormless and gullible millions out there, carries with it the real risk that this stupefyingly unfit woman could be lording it over the Home Office - and us - within a matter of months. Hammer Horror, for all its remarkable creativity, never came close to envisaging anything as terrifying as that.
I roared when I heard about this. Those two deserve each other.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old_fat_and_hairy The NAAFI Bar 53
thegimp The NAAFI Bar 9
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 45