Dianne Abbott......

Jesus H Christ. Bearing in mind that the NI Assembly is not functioning, adding that to NI's grisly political mix would be 'interesting'.
If they don't get their shit together threaten to send DA over as NI Secretary as a punishment.

A fascist coup would be to your liking then? Civil war?
Why not? It'll make a nice change and liven the place up a bit. Thin out the numbers, too - less demand for housing, less demand for public services, less mouths to feed, higher take on crematorium fees so no need for Council Tax hikes, either. Win-win all round.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why not? It'll make a nice change and liven the place up a bit. Thin out the numbers, too - less demand for housing, less demand for public services, less mouths to feed, higher take on cremitorium fees so no need for Council Tax hikes, either. Win-win all round.
Careful, you know the clown will take that literally.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes they rolled over about the fact that Dianne Abbot quoted the correct poll figures and that Bruce and the Jounalist were both stridently wrong
But in the tweet you yourself posted they do nothing of the sort:-

"We've reviewed what was said re polling on @bbcquestiontime. A YouGov poll published on the day of the programme suggested a lead for the Conservatives. Diane Abbott was also right that some other polls suggested Labour either as ahead or tied, & we should have made that clear."

Here's the Bruce-quoted poll result, which shows for Con/Lab 39/34%. Earlier polls may well have shown Labour in the lead but QT chose to go with the most recent one to their recording time. Being "up-to-date" as it were.

In essence, they were both quoting correct polling figures, it's just that Diane's seem to be a bit out-of-date relative to the BBCs - so Bruce and the journo' were not, in fact, wrong.

I've no love the BBC - often lambasted as being the "Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation" - but they didn't fib. On this occasion. Diane's had her own innate, arrogant sense of superiority challenged and her pomposity has been slapped down by "common folk" and she doesn't like it. The only way she can handle it is to play a bullshit race card. No chance of reasoned, intelligent counter-argument from her because she's unreasonable and not particularly intelligent.

Another poll conducted on the day of recording showed Tess ahead of Jezza in matters Brexit, too. I suppose if Bruce had pointed that out then that would have been "wrong," "a lie" and "racist," too, as far as Flabbott was concerned...?

Of four polls listed for December on UK Polling Report, only one shows Labour ahead. Of three they list in January, Labour are ahead in only one - and they are several days earlier than QT day, and according to the blurb the fieldwork pre-dates the WA vote in the Commons.

So it seems that it's a rare case of no-one fibbing and one party using more up-to-the-minute data than the other.

Can't see much of a roll-over in the BBC remarks or that Bruce and the journo' (Oakeshott, presumably?) were in any way wrong - on the day in question the Tories were leading Labour and May was more trusted on Brexit than Corbyn. According to polls conducted on or published that day...

Don't tell me Abbott was involved in choosing the station name, but had no concept of a number as high as 7.
Can you imagine her with the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch, which only needs to go as high as five, er, erm - three...? Or, more to the point, having to read from the Book of Armaments 2/9-21.

Can you imagine her with the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch, which only needs to go as high as five, er, erm - three...? Or, more to the point, having to read from the Book of Armaments 2/9-21.
You know how they say a chameleon will explode if placed on a multi-coloured page and it has to change colour too frequently: weelll, I wonder how far she would get, as you say, if faced with both Chs 1 & 2 of your referenced (I suspect) Fourth Book of Moses - there's the first high BP point - aka the Book of Numbers, high BP point two.
Then there are the references to campsites - not in London, oh my dear.
Oh, and Moses ordered the Levites to be excluded from the census: racist or what ? ... oh hang on ... see first high BP point.
Have we reached the complicated actual numbers yet?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old_fat_and_hairy The NAAFI Bar 53
thegimp The NAAFI Bar 9
Joshua Slocum The NAAFI Bar 45