Dianne Abbott......

That’s the Right Hon Diane Abbott MA Cantab... she may have lost the plot now but clearly at one point she was properly bright, even if she had terrible ideas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to think that. However I am now convinced she got her place under a quota process and her degree by blackmail or sympathy. An MA from Cambridge means you kept your nose clean for 10 years after your BA and paid the fee.

This was the 1970s. Cambridge didn’t _do_ diversity. I believe I read somewhere that it had 15 black students in the entire 1970s...

She was a straight A student at school...

The times were what they were. In 1974 my school sent the first female engineering student there.

I stll can't see Abbott in the same academic light as that lady or other Cambridge graduates I know or am related to.

The times were what they were. In 1974 my school sent the first female engineering student there.

I stll can't see Abbott in the same academic light as that lady or other Cambridge graduates I know or am related to.
She’s 64 & an apparently poorly controlled diabetic, if it turns out she has vascular dementia or similar now I won’t be that surprised...

I’m no doctor, but I think there’s a far simpler answer to this.
She suffers from a chronic brain cell deficiency & inability to think.
She’s just a chancer who’s taken every opportunity to play the system for everything that’s in her favour & cried foul if it isn’t. I doubt she’d last 10 mins in the real world.
I'd add to that a massively inflated ego in inverse proportion to any ability she may possess*, a combination found all too often in politics, especially in the modern Labour Party. The Lib Dems run them close, though; their current 'leader' is a man of such vacuous pomposity that Shakespeare himself would have struggled to do him justice.

* None at all that I can see, other than a blatantly cynical talent for survival.

This was the 1970s. Cambridge didn’t _do_ diversity. I believe I read somewhere that it had 15 black students in the entire 1970s...

She was a straight A student at school...

2:2 from Cambridge according to Wiki.
Some quite interesting facts about her on there. Unbelievable. I’ve never had the stomach to look her up before. I’m trying to lose weight at the moment, so thought it might help just before lunch.