Diamond Jubilee Muster Windsor

Looked good. Some excellent pics floating about.

Even the Crabs were in step
Unlike the midshipman in the front row of the naval contingent who was doing a bit of a samba all the way through Windsor. Either that or he had neglected to wear loose fitting underwear on a long march.

Naval officers should NEVER Ever be allowed or encouraged to march, they just cant do it, no way, now how, awaiting incoming.

RAF PR NEWS FLASH!!!!
RAF Sgt excused wearing medals at the Diamond Jubillee Muster due to the danger of said gongs flying off during his super fast drill movements.
As can be seen Sgt Crabbes cap has almost come adrift due to his literally head spinning eyes right movement and the RAF Reg Wing Co felt that the risk to others from flying medals was too great and so Sgt Crabbe was excused gongs. "A rack like Crabbes could take out an eye and that would obviously mar this great occasion" said the Wing Co.
Crabbe was also excused Parade Boots and wore his chukkas.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Getting the RAF to turn out on a Saturday must have taken some doing.

Dunno, mate. I did see a cameraman walk into the arena and pick something up near the spot where the Guards stood, so assumed it was a bayonet given one was seemingly missing.

It looked great and well done to all on parade. I thought the commentary was banal beyond belief, though. I know they have to fill the time somehow but I would have much preferred to listen to the bands than Fiona Bruce and Eddie Butler (seriously?) jabber on inanely.
"and now, as the wheels on the bus go round and round we can see through the arched window, for that is what windows are for"

he wasnt the only bloke who lost medals on saturday....also cheers to the bloke who fell backwards into me and scuffed my shoes!.

Drill instructor Sergeant Jono Atherton, charged with putting the troops through their paces ahead of the big day, said:

"Bringing together staff from across the RAF it is our task to turn them into a smartly turned out team, ready to join their sister Services on parade.

"We are striving for excellence, arm swings and steps all together."

A quote from the Defence Intranet. Jono should tell the Guards how he does it - it would make the Trooping much simpler. I'm sure some mountainy ex crab will be along to shout at me soon but really, RAF, drill, smart - 3 words that just DON'T.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
View attachment 75912

Um, it appears that somebody's bayonet fell off at some point during the muster? Or is he not supposed to have one?
Newsflash...Sar'nt Ratanabula is excused edged or pointy weapons ....as the late Captain Cook RN would confirm (MRU rcvd in response to HMQ's RPC), South Sea islanders may not be held responsible for their actions once the faqinrunamoklikabassa instinct aided by the natural adrenalin of the occasion kicks in [ Ed. Does not any fule kno this ? ] .... Sarn't Rats nonetheless maintained his composure admirably during the 12 hour ceremony, by wiggling his toes and rising VERY SLOWLY on the balls of his feet from time to time.

Drill instructor Sergeant Jono Atherton, charged with putting the troops through their paces ahead of the big day, said:

"Bringing together staff from across the RAF it is our task to turn them into a smartly turned out team, ready to join their sister Services on parade.

"We are striving for excellence, arm swings and steps all together."

A quote from the Defence Intranet. Jono should tell the Guards how he does it - it would make the Trooping much simpler. I'm sure some mountainy ex crab will be along to shout at me soon but really, RAF, drill, smart - 3 words that just DON'T.
Oh! you wound me. :kiss: I didn't do parades and stuff, a little perk of being on MR, but I was actually shocked that the mob did seem to be able to mooch along in step swinging arms and all that clockwork stuff,
Unfortunately they have had a bit of practice recently.

Disbandment Parade at RAF Kinloss - YouTube