diabolicallly stupid question

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by private---pile, Jul 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. am i right in thinking, that in catterick you are put with everyone joining the same regiment?

i.e people joining royal anglian, will be put in the same platoon?
  2. intersting question, I know the paras train with each toher and the guards train with each other but not sure about the other regiments.

Also I am going to seize this oppurtunity to ask a question, how are paras brought up to fitness through AFC and ADC when they are in the same platoons as AGC etc?
  3. When I did my CIC in 2002 we was grouped into divs, i.e. all kings div in one platoon then each section was splitt down into regiments and what seemed to be local ties. i was QLR so we had a section splitt into us and KINGS ( bring on the thieveing jokes) the otjer sections was split into the yorkshire regiments of the KINGS DIV. The other platoons was split into DIVs again and again the sections was split.
    Hope this helps
  4. so all royal anglians will be in the same section?
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Probably not. Whilst you may largely end up in the same platoon, Staff generally try to split people up so there is no capbadge heavy sections. Saves from claims of nepotisim and it is healthy to meet those from other regiments anyway.
  6. I'm of a mixed mind about this I'm looking forward to meeting members of my unit (HCAV) however I know from previous experience how valuable it can be to have friends in different organisations. I wonder how this will be organised with the re-distribution of capbadges and training units?
  7. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Don't worry. If your regimental staff are anything like organised, you will get more than enough chances to meet up with others of your capbadge at official and unofficial get togethers.