Diabetes, PLEASE READ.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by re-stilly, Mar 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you wish to take the piss please do, but I wish to convey a serious message for once.

My Brother died on Saturday of a Heart Attack brought on by the complications of Diabetes, he was 43.

Please if you eat crap, are overweight, or don't exercise get yourself or your friends and family checked out. One blood or urine test will see if you are at risk or already have diabetes.

Please do this for you and your family's sake, early death from diabetes is preventable, you just need to take action now.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Condolences. Way too young to go.

3. I'm sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you at this time.

Getting checked out takes a few mins and is worth the time taken

4. Sorry to hear your sad news.

5. I'll give my condolences a 2nd time in case they got lost in yesterday's fog. Chin up mucker.

6. Sorry to hear that.

Was it type 1, or type 2 diabetes?

7. Very sorry to read of your loss, re-stilly.

I wonder if TPTB might consider making this a sticky for a while, in order to raise awareness?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Awful news.......

9. Sorry to hear this! If this means that awareness is raised, then at least he didn't die for sod all!

10. I am so sorry for your loss. This is tragic news. Far, far too young.

11. It was type 1, he had had it since he was 17 but didn't look after himself. He had had 2 kidney and one pancreas transplants,the kidney ones failed. He was on dialysis and had other issues as well due to the diabetes.

12. Condolences on your loss

13. Condolences and sympathy. My 2nd wife died of type 1 diabetic complications and she didn't manage her diabetes properly either.

14. Sorry to hear about your loss. My sister in law was Type 1 insulin dependant. Died age 32. Thought she could do what she wanted, eat what she wanted etc so long as she used insulin. Would not listen to advice.

15. Condolences. Thank you for taking the time to raise awareness of this.