DHL Airbus struck by Manpad leaving Baghdad

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr Happy, Dec 12, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

This happened at the end of November, here's some info from the investigation team.

I've deleted some text (see XXX) for the usual opsec reasons. And bolded other stuff for emphasis. The Photo's are at the bottom.

2. Have seen a bit of footage of the firing team (can't remember where the link is) and it looked very much like an SA14 Gremlin that did the deed. Certainly a lucky crew and did very well to get the cab on the deck.

Scary! DAS for airliners? Yes please!
  3. Bloody scarey...think of all them letters going missing...war is hell
  4. I got mortared at BIAP last week - last day of the tour - bloody typical. On the plus side, the place does have a booze shop and a burger king. The DHL plane was still sitting on the pan waiting for repairs.
  5. Mr Happy and lord Flash,

you must be out there in the dust and blood to know all this.

Oh no!. You both read about it and "Happy" stole the pics from Hacks site.

Opsec my arrse.
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I had all that is posted from an email that came through to me. if it's out there elsewhere on the www then it's not through me.... and that is Opsec dear boy.
  7. Time of the month, old bloke?

Thats right, I read about it.
    Opsec?? Do you know wtf you are talking about?
    Spend about 10 mins searching google and you will come up with the same. I fail to see what your point is.

Nothing to say, say nothing.

Old bloke, I wish you luck on the next L/Cpl's promotion board. :p