DHE - Screwed over - Advice Please

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by escape_to_the_USA, Jun 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I applied for Housing in the London Area specifically N-NW London. (for Professional and personal reason). I am working MB but will be spending a significant amount of time on the road/rail travel along the A1 corridor. So I imagine my joy when I was advised by phone that I have been allocated a place in Shepperton (Surrey). WTF :? Yes I know that housing is tight in London but why bother asking for my preferences?

In the absence of any formal communication, fax or snail mail (another story) what are my options?

Can I ask them to try again?
    Do I just have to lump it?

If it is the later, can someone (JPA) admin guru let me what the implications will be if I buy a house mid-tour, as I will still need to travel to MB. (In all probability I will buy in Beds/Cambs/P'boro area.)

In general I am underwhelmed by the fact they seem incapable of sending a fax overseas. That along with losing my application, finding my application 2 week ago and then allocating me a house over a month ago??? The words management and customer service do not spring to mind.

Options, ideas and suggestions

2. You can refuse on personal grounds. they have to make another offer but are not bound by their 15 day rule.

You say you will be up/down the A1 corridor, have you enquired about a surplus qtr in Chicksands/Henlow or Cambridge area (bassingbourne etc..)

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Can't help any with DHE but Cambridge to London is 2 hours minimum each way, car or train (train being vastly more expensive of course). That was 10 years ago and I suspect it hasn't imporoved any since then. Not a fun commute.

4. If you buy a house Mid Tour you will not get DA or removals to said house, however, you should either get your season ticket changed at Camp Comandants Office or if the residence is over 9 miles from MB HTD should kick in, although, MOD may have different rules on the travel side.

I am of course assuming that you would wish to commute from said house.