DGAMS Census Team

#1
I have been mulling over this concept for a few weeks now and have decided to throw this idea to the people that make a differance. If the DG were to form a census team, to trawl around the AMS units and gather info about current thoughts and feelings, what rank structure should it have and how could it work ?

Please try to be constructive.

Please try to include all CEG's (TM)

Please try not to go off on a tangent (most of you).
 
#2
Emmmmmmmmmmmmm.......what should this team do??

Fact finding on job satisfaction?

Give us a clue??
 
#3
Bit of everything I s'pose, let me be a little clearer:

Job satisfaction
Job analysis ie right quals for job
general feelings with regards to current policies ie

WO feelings on LE Commissioning (sticky subject)
CMT LCpls going to teeth arms (with no JM and little or no understanding of big army)
QA and ODP feelings about going to Med Regt
opinions on 432 as a means of transportation for P1 casualties.

The list is endless.
 

Ventress

LE
Moderator
#5
Back to the point.

You want a team like the CGS' Briefing team, but dedicated to the AMS- So we dont air our dirty laundry with the likes of them. I know they were quite taken aback when they visited my unit recently with all the problems they couldnt even begin to understand- well the Col was PWRR!

Might work, but does the ivory tower want to hear the plethera of moans and niggles that lie out in the Corps?

Hey NQ, you could apply to head it up and become Corps Grass!
 
#6
Job satisfaction
Job analysis ie right quals for job
general feelings with regards to current policies ie

WO feelings on LE Commissioning (sticky subject)
CMT LCpls going to teeth arms (with no JM and little or no understanding of big army)
QA and ODP feelings about going to Med Regt
opinions on 432 as a means of transportation for P1 casualties.

NQ, the Job Analysis on your trade has been done!
I went to a teeth arm as a LCpl ( I learnt on the job)
QAs have the DANS Conference
432.........Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... the good old days
Commisioning...........emmmmmmmmmm work harder
 
#7
NQ, the Job Analysis on your trade has been done!
QAs have the DANS Conference
[/quote]
ODPs have the AODP conference, which is like the DANS conf but with less lectures, less officers, less crap accom but more hotels and alcohol.
Also have a speciality advisor to DEMTA, who is a serving ODP, HCAs have also created a similar post, maybe all trades should have them.
 
#9
Seems as though every one has conferences. Except one of if not the biggest CEG in the AMS!!!

As has been mentioned job analysis is on going and the CEG reveiw is looking into that.

Job satisfaction is surely upto the individual after all you only get out what you put in.

Reading the posts perhaps the CMT's should have a conference at SNCO level where we can air our views, ideas and concerns in the hope that they can be taken forward and addressed where possible.
 

Ventress

LE
Moderator
#10
Would be a great idea, so it won't happen! Make it SNCO's across the Regular and TA AMS and you might get some decent debate!

Went to a Bde Comds study day for WO's and he was sat at the back and later said he was shocked by the opinions and problems that the Army had generally. They covered all the usual subjects guarenteed to get a group of WO's going and some of the right wing politics even made me a bit wary!

But you could still see the party line men who played up to him and those who didnt. Still as long as you can get up in the morning and look yourself in the eye you must be doing what you think is right!
 
#11
Would be a great idea, so it won't happen! Make it SNCO's across the Regular and TA AMS and you might get some decent debate!
Good idea but with a slight floor!

How exactly would we get the SNCOs of the CMT trade (God bless us) together when we cant make it to a party (22nd Nov)?
 
#12
QMan9193 said:
You want a team like the CGS' Briefing team, but dedicated to the AMS- So we dont air our dirty laundry with the likes of them. !
Intresting concept, but who would you select to be on the team. You would have to have a selection from all CEG's has this would be the only way to stop individuals from throwing teddy out of the cot. Who would you get to lead the team a medical support officer, medical officer, nursing officer or a medic on the long service list.

I say give the job to Theatreman, a fair minded individual...! :twisted:
 

Ventress

LE
Moderator
#13
alfiefizz said:
QMan9193 said:
You want a team like the CGS' Briefing team, but dedicated to the AMS- So we dont air our dirty laundry with the likes of them. !
Intresting concept, but who would you select to be on the team. You would have to have a selection from all CEG's has this would be the only way to stop individuals from throwing teddy out of the cot. Who would you get to lead the team a medical support officer, medical officer, nursing officer or a medic on the long service list.

I say give the job to Theatreman, a fair minded individual...! :twisted:
I thought NQ wanted a Census team for each CEG- again what does a QA, Tech (xray or Lab) or retread LE know about the CMT trials and tribulations- zero.
 
#14
QMan9193 said:
I thought NQ wanted a Census team for each CEG- again what does a QA, Tech (xray or Lab) or retread LE know about the CMT trials and tribulations- zero.
everyones been to Tescos, we all know the crap working conditions and long hours of the shelf stackers, so id say that we all have a good idea about CMT trials and tribulations. :twisted:
 
#15
NewQ

I take it that you will be there on the 21st????

Why not suggest it!!!!!!!! Who knows?
 
#16
NewQ

A serious answer - Do you know anyone serving in HQNI - they have the NIAS (NI Attitude Survey) which has been going now about 5-6 times. Covers lots of questions through the whole system and includes all trades serving here in NI.

Wives are also included and asked about specifics on HIVEs; Schools; jobs etc.

The results are published and are available on the NI Intranet if you have access to CASH.
 

Ventress

LE
Moderator
#17
Theatreman said:
QMan9193 said:
I thought NQ wanted a Census team for each CEG- again what does a QA, Tech (xray or Lab) or retread LE know about the CMT trials and tribulations- zero.
everyones been to Tescos, we all know the crap working conditions and long hours of the shelf stackers, so id say that we all have a good idea about CMT trials and tribulations. :twisted:
Bit like www.scubbersrus.com, the famous ODP site aye TM! Oh and you are still not funny! Well NQ might chuckle I suppose!
 
#18
QMan9193 said:
Oh and you are still not funny!
Not even a slight chuckle Q-Man?
 

Ventress

LE
Moderator
#19
Well maybe a turned up corner of the mouth for a nanno second. And I work at Waitrose, thank you very much- much higher class establishment!
 
#20
One always gets a feel for things before proposing ! as to whether I should propose it on the 21st who knows I might just do that. See ya there
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Top