DGAMS Census Team

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by New Q, Oct 25, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been mulling over this concept for a few weeks now and have decided to throw this idea to the people that make a differance. If the DG were to form a census team, to trawl around the AMS units and gather info about current thoughts and feelings, what rank structure should it have and how could it work ?

Please try to be constructive.

Please try to include all CEG's (TM)

Please try not to go off on a tangent (most of you).
  2. Emmmmmmmmmmmmm.......what should this team do??

Fact finding on job satisfaction?

Give us a clue??
  3. Bit of everything I s'pose, let me be a little clearer:

Job satisfaction
    Job analysis ie right quals for job
    general feelings with regards to current policies ie

WO feelings on LE Commissioning (sticky subject)
    CMT LCpls going to teeth arms (with no JM and little or no understanding of big army)
    QA and ODP feelings about going to Med Regt
    opinions on 432 as a means of transportation for P1 casualties.

The list is endless.
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

And says you Foz, where do you work again!!!!?
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Back to the point.

You want a team like the CGS' Briefing team, but dedicated to the AMS- So we dont air our dirty laundry with the likes of them. I know they were quite taken aback when they visited my unit recently with all the problems they couldnt even begin to understand- well the Col was PWRR!

Might work, but does the ivory tower want to hear the plethera of moans and niggles that lie out in the Corps?

Hey NQ, you could apply to head it up and become Corps Grass!

6. NQ, the Job Analysis on your trade has been done!
    I went to a teeth arm as a LCpl ( I learnt on the job)
    QAs have the DANS Conference
    432.........Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... the good old days
    Commisioning...........emmmmmmmmmm work harder
  7. NQ, the Job Analysis on your trade has been done!
    QAs have the DANS Conference
    ODPs have the AODP conference, which is like the DANS conf but with less lectures, less officers, less crap accom but more hotels and alcohol.
    Also have a speciality advisor to DEMTA, who is a serving ODP, HCAs have also created a similar post, maybe all trades should have them.
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

9. Seems as though every one has conferences. Except one of if not the biggest CEG in the AMS!!!

As has been mentioned job analysis is on going and the CEG reveiw is looking into that.

Job satisfaction is surely upto the individual after all you only get out what you put in.

Reading the posts perhaps the CMT's should have a conference at SNCO level where we can air our views, ideas and concerns in the hope that they can be taken forward and addressed where possible.
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Would be a great idea, so it won't happen! Make it SNCO's across the Regular and TA AMS and you might get some decent debate!

Went to a Bde Comds study day for WO's and he was sat at the back and later said he was shocked by the opinions and problems that the Army had generally. They covered all the usual subjects guarenteed to get a group of WO's going and some of the right wing politics even made me a bit wary!

But you could still see the party line men who played up to him and those who didnt. Still as long as you can get up in the morning and look yourself in the eye you must be doing what you think is right!

11. Good idea but with a slight floor!

How exactly would we get the SNCOs of the CMT trade (God bless us) together when we cant make it to a party (22nd Nov)?
  12. Intresting concept, but who would you select to be on the team. You would have to have a selection from all CEG's has this would be the only way to stop individuals from throwing teddy out of the cot. Who would you get to lead the team a medical support officer, medical officer, nursing officer or a medic on the long service list.

I say give the job to Theatreman, a fair minded individual...! :twisted:
  13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I thought NQ wanted a Census team for each CEG- again what does a QA, Tech (xray or Lab) or retread LE know about the CMT trials and tribulations- zero.
  14. everyones been to Tescos, we all know the crap working conditions and long hours of the shelf stackers, so id say that we all have a good idea about CMT trials and tribulations. :twisted:
  15. NewQ

I take it that you will be there on the 21st????

Why not suggest it!!!!!!!! Who knows?