Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DFID finally on its way

Sadly, Baroness Suggs will be going nowhere, not even on the Night Boat to Cairo. She has a season ticket for the ever-running gravy train, which is definitely not A Train That Never Comes, and she'd never dream of taking One Step Beyond the Lords back into the real world. She's An Embarrassment.

(Royalties to Madness)
I can’t believe you couldn’t shoehorn House of Fun in there too!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Child prostitution in the developing world may never recover...
I’m sad for the people running luxury homes, range rovers, swimming pools, extended families, land purchases, hotel chains and everything else than foreign aid is spent on......

there are no financial controls in DFID. Foreign aid should be linked to our economic interests and foreign policy, not pursuing a load of **** millennium goals thought up by a bunch of snowflakes.

Great result today

Chef

LE
On the news this morning some American from Mr Biden's team was whinging about how unfortunate it would be. Personally I always thought if Cameron had wanted to be known as a philanthropist I'd rather he'd used his money not mine to do it.

Given the amount of health tourism the NHS suffers from why not just give it to them, lock, stock and barrel?

Very quick glance at Baroness Sugg's CV - I bet she knows where the bodies are, especially for CMD.

Yokel

LE
On the news this morning some American from Mr Biden's team was whinging about how unfortunate it would be. Personally I always thought if Cameron had wanted to be known as a philanthropist I'd rather he'd used his money not mine to do it.

Given the amount of health tourism the NHS suffers from why not just give it to them, lock, stock and barrel?

Why did Government commit to a figure, and not to something practical and useful such as providing clean water and/or safe sanitation to parts of the developing world that do not have it?

Instead Cameron came up with a figure that has to be spent no matter what.

Upper House at 43?
I mentioned this earlier up the thread. Her rapid elevation, given she was (at best) a run of the mill MP, is a prime example of all that is rotten at the heart of British Politics and Westminster.

Something like 40years
at +/- £300 a day, if she lives longer she'll get more,
just for turning up.​
At least they don't get a pension

Boris would be looking at a potential 100+ majority if he'd just binned DFID in its entirity and pledged the money for the UK instead.

In response to the hand wringing squeals of what about the children, a Churchillian response would have been along the lines of well if you're so effin concerned, stump up your own cash.

Once this country finally gets back on it's financial feet, then, and only then, should lobbing taxpayers money at the 3rd world even be considered.

Latest Threads