Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DFID finally on its way

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why on earth would I go down the FOI route? Last time I checked, I still hold a MOD90 and can contact someone relevant. The person who fell at the first hurdle BL was you. A simple challenge and you flunked it. You might be important in 'human terms'* but you clearly don't sit on the G7 desk at RMAS.

*What does that actually mean?
* A legend in his own mind..

Yet another thread that could be informative & of interest is yet again being ruined by the RMAS mascot & his over inflated ego..l

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Indeed.

Did you notice the empty spaces?
I did - I also noted the text that some countries don't want it made public how much they pay and some will receive some funding from the UK. All that means is that more than £4.6m was received in 2018. It's probably safe to assume that if Qatar, UAE and Oman are paying their way that Saudi are too, but they're coy about it being public.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I did - I also noted the text that some countries don't want it made public how much they pay and some will receive some funding from the UK. All that means is that more than £4.6m was received in 2018. It's probably safe to assume that if Qatar, UAE and Oman are paying their way that Saudi are too, but they're coy about it being public.

No Saudis here for a while. Wet job in Istanbul.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why on earth would I go down the FOI route? Last time I checked, I still hold a MOD90 and can contact someone relevant. The person who fell at the first hurdle BL was you. A simple challenge and you flunked it. You might be important in 'human terms'* but you clearly don't sit on the G7 desk at RMAS.

*What does that actually mean?

Wow! An MOD 90, well done you. I don't sit at any desk, but like to think I'm important in human terms.

I even got a big hug from the occupational psychologist earlier.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Wow! An MOD 90, well done you. I don't sit at any desk, but like to think I'm important in human terms.

I even got a big hug from the occupational psychologist earlier.
Cock

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

To add, annually there are well over 100 cadets from more than 40 countries, if I include the short course. As I understand things the big bill is well over £85k per OCdt (not including their salary, that's a national responsibility ). Some countries pay and others don't. I'm sure you can do the maths , being a loggie.

This is all publicly available info.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
A ‘wet job’ that occurred too late for the Saudis not to be on that table for that reason.

Whether it was a Saudi decision or a UK one is well above my pay grade these days, but it's a matter of public record who commissions and where they're from.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
To add, annually there are well over 100 cadets from more than 40 countries, if I include the short course. As I understand things the big bill is well over £85k per OCdt (not including their salary, that's a national responsibility ). Some countries pay and others don't. I'm sure you can do the maths , being a loggie.

This is all publicly available info.
First it was 'you don't need to know', now it's 'all publicly available info'.

As to maths, is condescension part of your 'being important in human terms'?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
First it was 'you don't need to know', now it's 'all publicly available info'.

As to maths, is condescension part of your 'being important in human terms'?

All of those things, perhaps.

An interesting interpretation of my post, too.

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Whether it was a Saudi decision or a UK one is well above my pay grade these days, but it's a matter of public record who commissions and where they're from.
The point as you well know, is that it was Irrelevant to the numbers in 2018, that much is clear. It's a pity you seem to be unable to find it in yourself to agree.
All of those things, perhaps.

An interesting interpretation of my post, too.
How did you expect it to be interpreted?

Latest Threads