Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DFID finally on its way

UKTAP

LE
Brilliant news. The end of jet-setting hand-wringing cúnts gallivanting around the world looking for ways to transfer hard working tax payers' money to evil regimes that would not think twice about destroying Britain.

Next step - block the Foreign Office from giving out Foreign Aid unless it is in direct and binding exchange for valuable goods and services.

Long overdue.

Last edited:

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
:dance: :boogie::-D

Next step - block the Foreign Office from giving out Foreign Aid unless it is in direct and binding exchange for valuable goods and services.

I disagree. Some of the foreign aid budget is/has been used to teach North Koreans English. It reaps no immediate benefit, but is likely to in the long term.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
long overdue, someone needs to be held to account and if there is nothing worth spending it on don't spend it.

personally i'd give it to the military to store, deliver, secure and maintain it rather than quangos who pay millions to their directors.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The country needed some good news during these challenging times.

Hopefully this heralds the systematic derailing of multiple ultra-liberal left gravy trains and a trip to the abattoir for the various woke sacred cows which have grown fat grazing at the taxpayer's expense.

The country needed some good news during these challenging times.

Hopefully this heralds the systematic derailing of multiple ultra-liberal left gravy trains and a trip to the abattoir for the various woke sacred cows which have grown fat grazing at the taxpayer's expense.
Be interesting to see if the dismantling results in all out war between some. The entitled really hate having the gravy train dry up.

I disagree. Some of the foreign aid budget is/has been used to teach North Koreans English. It reaps no immediate benefit, but is likely to in the long term.

I think we will see some considered spending by the FCO on things that support foreign policy objectives, and that one I'd say very fits with being in the national interest.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Be interesting to see if the dismantling results in all out war between some. The entitled really hate having the gravy train dry up.

The main worry is that the DfID creatures end up polluting the Foreign Office (even more).

There is no lost between FCO and DFID. It was never a happy relationship

Oh good - just what we need.

all about eye-catching headlines for the day, not a thought through process. Classic Dom.

all about eye-catching headlines for the day, not a thought through process. Classic Dom.
You might a few my boats to play with!

By removing handouts to warlords, dictators and criminals, it will have more widespread, beneficial effect on black lives than pulling down a thousand statues.

I'm quite looking forward to the response by Sturgeon and Jockland. Scottish DFID?

Look on the bright side - the snowflakes will be up in arms as they have no idea our how much money is squandered by these people every year in their rush to give cash away so their budgets dont get cut, or funding luxury cars, boats, and lifestyles of some serious dodgy families in some seriously dodgy places, to name but three of four areas of squander.

The main worry is that the DfID creatures end up polluting the Foreign Office (even more).

I'm just surprised, seeing as how DfID and its predecessors were so much a Labour love child project, that its taken 5 years of Conservative government to put it to the sword.

True. How will they exploit intellectual property that they hack from English speaking countries, if they can't speak English.

Latest Threads