Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DFB's

Deceptive fat ba*tards.

These are rare beasts. I'm not talking about the "rugby lad who can't run but can tab". I'm on about the 1% of humanity that looks like they've spent 20 years following the Ricky Hatton off season diet, and yet are running faster SCRs/PFAs than everyone else and except for the belly, are fit as f*ck. I think I heard that Andy Goode was like this at Leicester Tigers, in that he was always at the front of sprints and the like but just couldnt be kept out of the kebab shop. Jamie George is another one.

I've just come off a course where one of these individuals was there. 6 foot, 110kgs at least, but did phys every night and was cracking 10km times that would put him in the top third of my company. Can't imagine he had a problem with the weights. He wasn't a marine like muscle head either, just a bit chubby.

Anyone else encountered one of these specimens, and does anyone know the science (or lack of) behind it?

P

I think Andy Ruiz Jr qualifies as a fat bastard although its not very deceptive.
He managed to give Joshua a slap.

6"3 19 stone STAB sapper lived off kebabs and chocolate.
Ran like a Ethiopian chasing a butty and always at the front of any Run occasionally with a cig on the go.
Hes in his 60s now, still see him out running.
He was the inspiration for the duracell Bunny.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
6"3 19 stone STAB sapper lived off kebabs and chocolate.
Ran like a Ethiopian chasing a butty and always at the front of any Run occasionally with a cig on the go.
Hes in his 60s now, still see him out running.
He was the inspiration for the duracell Bunny.

I was going to say being young helps, but maybe some people are just annoying.

A platoon sergeant in my old company. Treble chin, looked about forty years older than he was, pot belly and skinny legs. Ran a sub 8 minute BFT. Tabbed along on the CFT barely breaking a sweat. Called him “The Bumblebee”. As for
The science behind it, no idea.

Body fat can be independent of fitness and strength. If you're a bloater you just have to work harder.

Latest Threads