Devolution: English style

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kromeriz, Dec 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Kelvin MacKenzie: overtaxed South needs its own party - Telegraph

Wild? Mad? And yet both the Catalans and the Northern Italians are expressing their concern that there should be separation of their respective States as they are fed up with supporting the Chavs. Should Scotland get devolution, given our dissolving interest in matters of Europe, could we envisage a return to the Danegeld situation in 50 years time?

2. But, but, we already have the EDL to protect us. Here is their shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury discussing neo endogenous existential growth theory.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bizarrely in other countries it's the wealthy parts that want to devolve from central government, in Britain it's the poorest parts.

4. That's because they don't think their richer parts will devolve to Scandanavia or back to UK with a better deal.

FREEDOM! No not you.

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

that would actually be quite funny as an independant south east would collapse under its own ego and self importance while the rest of the country carried on as normal without the financial drain or inflationary impact of london house prices and wages.

if it wasn't in danger of imploding under a snp govt then an independant scotland could find itself moving south county by county using the german sudeten lands principle. finally scotland can have an empire

• Like Like x 2
  6. You've obviously never been to Chatham, Swanley, Gillingham or Sheppey or any of the other shit places in the south east. London skews the figures, take it out of the equation and the south east is as badly off as everywhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

yeah but london is so far up its own arse the rest of the south east suffers from its hype

• Like Like x 2
  8. Could Cumbria claim its rightful place back with Scotland then? Well, cept for the Westmorland lot.

9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I haven't read the article but anything Kelvin Mackenzie is a bloody good weathervane of morality and good sense - if you do the opposite of anything he advocates then you sure to be in the right. In any event he's one of the scum we'll be able to deport north once Scotland becomes independent.

10. Ahhh the return to Danelaw, can I go on the pillage once it has been set up again.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

When you signed up as a lad you said "rape", so rape it is.

12. Well, if it means we could deport you back there, then I'm all for it.

Hows your trip to Polandistan going? Has the snow got you yet? The wandering jock has turned up, it's lovely and warm back here, and this is a *SUPER* cup of tea I've got right now. I had a lovely fag earlier as well.

13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You were doing so well until your last line!

K Mackenzie is as Scottish as Cameron and Blair. You can therefore keep him thank you very much.

14. I'm all up for an Independant State of Nottinghamshire.

15. For a while when I was moving around a fair but, I used to put "Embassy for the Peoples Republic of West Yorkshire" as the first line of my address.

I often wonder if stuff still turns up there addressed as such, and what people make of it

• Like Like x 1